• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hampshire putting a Night-watchman in with nearly 13 overs to go, worked well.

Edit, oh it was only 5 misread the scorecard :shy:

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
28-3 now, looking very good for the Bears.

Middlesex should wrap up their promotion spot early tomorrow.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right I've had a couple of pints - so now I'm off to Southampton with a small spade and a gallon of used engine oil - cometh the hour cometh the man and all that

Howe_zat

Audio File
In hindsight my pre-season thinking could not get much worse. Ftr I did not think Yorkshire and Hampshire were favourites, but should be worth a punt.

I mostly thought this because of the strength of the bowling attacks they'd put together. But besides Sidebottom and Cork there was basically nothing there. Tahir and Bresnan on international duty (and Bresnan injured for the early season), Jones breaking down yet again, and a selection of huge disappointments - Shahzad, Rashid, Patterson, De Wet to name but a few. And whatever happened to Kabir Ali this year anyway?

stumpski

International Captain
Enjoying this Hants partnership - 50 up for Carberry. And it's only two out really, because the third was Tomlinson, who would have batted 11.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah you need to get Trego soon, he's the sort who can push the lead up to 150 and beyond.

Would be truly tragic for Lancs if Warks were foiled and they still couldn't beat Somerset.

I have a feeling that Hants will fold once this partnership is broken though. Could easily be wrapped up by tea.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great to get a last wicket ball before lunch. Fingers crossed for two quick wickets.

Carberry WAG, make it a daddy hundred please.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Only been done once in F-C cricket IIRC, now you've mentioned that I'll have to look for it.
I've done it once in club cricket; think I only scored 20 runs total in that match though, so it said more about everyone else that day than it did me.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Draw is looking strong favourite at the Rose Bowl, so it would be interesting if Somerset could build a lead of 200+.

stumpski

International Captain
I would say that Warks are still - just - favourites, but yes, Lancs will chase 10 an over if there's a title to be won.

100 up for Carberry.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
So, epic choke coming from us, almost too many already. OTOH Warwickshire have Carberry out so could cruise home from here anyway

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Woakes gets Carberry, although a very questionable decision. Looked outside the line and possibly too high, surely too much doubt to give that?

Still quite a few able batsmen to come but makes this more interesting.