• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you are making out as if zaheer khan is better than steyn, he may have done something, or maybe not, hardly a certainty.
I'm not sure Zaheer would have made that much difference despite the fact he's bowled well in the last couple of years. Seems to me it's the extra pace of Steyn & Morkel that made it so difficult on this wicket & Zaheer's 140km tops these days isn't he?

TumTum

Banned
From what I've seen the pitch is a belter, Indian batsman just got caught out by the bounce of Morkel and Steyn being Steyn, they really didn't move the ball a great deal.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So basically you like pitched up bowling and not short bowling :dry:

Not sure why you can't enjoy variety sometimes Prince.
Haha well a lot of the bowlers I do like tend to pitch it up but it's not a hard and fast rule. I like watching Stuart Clark and Chris Tremlett bowl and they bowl back of a length - they're still genuinely skillful though in a pure cricketing sense; they don't just rely on being fast, awkward and banging it in - they move it around (deliberately), have repeatable actions, are very accurate etc. Morkel's success is drawn disproportionately from his natural attributes and athleticism, which are big parts of cricket, but parts of cricket I don't enjoy watching as much as other parts.

Again though it's just an aesthetic preference. There's no doubt Morkel's a good bowler even though I don't really like watching him bowl. And even when I say I don't like watching him bowl it's only comparative to other bowlers - I'd rather watch Morkel bowl than watch American Idol.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
From what I've seen the pitch is a belter, Indian batsman just got caught out by the bounce of Morkel and Steyn being Steyn, they really didn't move the ball a great deal.
The pitch was damp and the conditions overcast yesterday.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Would bet he would be if he had to regularly keep to an offie in his career.
And if Gambhir played in South Africa is whole career he'd probably be better on bouncy wickets.

At the end of the day I reckon Dhoni is the better keeper off the spinners.

Of course overall Boucher is the far superior keeper though.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
And if Gambhir played in South Africa is whole career he'd probably be better on bouncy wickets.

At the end of the day I reckon Dhoni is the better keeper off the spinners.

Of course overall Boucher is the far superior keeper though.
Not sure about that, Dhoni is pretty good behind the sticks, Boucher has probably not been tested to the extend of Dhoni with abnormal pitches and kicking spinners. Roaring fast bowlers yes...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
At least Ishant is peppering the 140kph mark...Sreesanth and Unadkat are scatterguns at 125kph - absolutely useless. This myth of pace needs to go, we have several good bowlers who bowl at 125kph - it is time to pick one. If this debacle of a bowling performance results in bloody Yadav getting a Test cap, it will truly be a joke. We need to call some people up from India and ASAP if we do not want a 3-0 humiliation.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ishant has bowled reasonably well, and Harbhajan as well.

Nothing great of course, but those are the positives.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kudos to Peterson for taking some pity on us and walking off... :laugh: we only have Kallis and AB to contend with next.