• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Virus is very easy on the eyes. Long since passed danger territory (for him) but he needs to make this count and go big. But not a bad effort so far. First test at home and all that.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Virus is very easy on the eyes. Long since passed danger territory (for him) but he needs to make this count and go big. But not a bad effort so far. First test at home and all that.
Read Virus as Viru and was like 'WTF is he on about?' tbh:p

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Let's get some perspective here, the series is only a day & a bit old. This test could still well be washed out & India could come back.

I'm a Saffie & I'm not counting any chickens just yet.

Obviously still hope we deliver a trio of fine pakslappe to the Indians, even if they do represent the land of my father's fathers.

TumTum

Banned
Amla is a wristy player that is lethal against anything pitched up, might not be a bad idea giving him a short barrage and see how he copes.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Amla is a wristy player that is lethal against anything pitched up, might not be a bad idea giving him a short barrage and see how he copes.
Full and straight to Amla. England tried bowling short and that didn't work. Only got him with full balls, driving or falling over.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amla is so classy. Might as well forget about the result and enjoy him play. Dhoni drop FFS.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope this will kick the selectors into gear that picking a 19 year old on the basis of one game was not a wise thing to do, that Sreesanth is a vastly overrated bowler and that Ishant cannot be relied on to carry a subpar bowling line up. Moreover, this may galvanise the move to get Pujara into the team for Raina, which may not be prudent, but I feel it is necessary.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Let's get some perspective here, the series is only a day & a bit old. This test could still well be washed out & India could come back.

I'm a Saffie & I'm not counting any chickens just yet.

Obviously still hope we deliver a trio of fine pakslappe to the Indians, even if they do represent the land of my father's fathers.
Mine too actually...

Hash hitting a six! :)

nexxus

U19 Debutant
2 run lead with just 1 back, not bad at all. Will be pleased if we can get 200-300 ahead.

Hopefully the rain stays away, or if it must come down, it comes in small bursts, freshening up the pitch & giving the SA bowlers a good rest. For the Indian bowlers, I'd like Santa to give them a long, hard, hot & wayward toil in the glorious Highveld sushine while scuffing up crucial areas on the pitch for their batsmen to enjoy later.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Whaaaaaaaaaat?
Not my cup of tea, obviously. He doesn't have a fluid action by any stretch of the imagination and he gets 'ugly' wickets through bounce and hostility rather than swing, planned variation or pure cricketing skill. He's a good version of Dilhara or Harmison. No doubt he's bowled well of late but if I'm going to watch a player of his calibre, he's not going to be my first choice.

Other than the fact that I like my bowlers to be a bit more attacking, my bowling tastes aren't too dissimilar from my batting tastes in that I'm more attracted to games based around the pure, cricket-specific techniques than natural attributes and athleticism.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
Full and straight to Amla. England tried bowling short and that didn't work. Only got him with full balls, driving or falling over.
Yeah if you get movement. But if the pitch isn't doing anything (like now) a short barrage should be the next option. He manages to turn it around well when it is at his body but a better directed short ball just outside the off-stump might be a good tactic. But India really doesn't have the pace to be able to achieve it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not my cup of tea, obviously. He doesn't have a fluid action by any stretch of the imagination and he gets 'ugly' wickets through bounce and hostility rather than swing, planned variation or pure cricketing skill. He's a good version of Dilhara or Harmison. No doubt he's bowled well of late but if I'm going to watch a player of his calibre, he's not going to be my first choice.

Other than the fact that I like my bowlers to be a bit more attacking, my bowling tastes aren't too dissimilar from my batting tastes in that I'm more attracted to games based around the pure, cricket-specific techniques than natural attributes and athleticism.
So basically you like pitched up bowling and not short bowling :dry:

Not sure why you can't enjoy variety sometimes Prince.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah if you get movement. But if the pitch isn't doing anything (like now) a short barrage should be the next option. He manages to turn it around well when it is at his body but a better directed short ball just outside the off-stump might be a good tactic. But India really doesn't have the pace to be able to achieve it.
Sharma is moving the ball in the air and off the pitch. Not a road by any means.