• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Whats the pitch like? Very strange seeing a great lineup bowled out for 136 to be followed by Alviro Petersen putting on a 100 opening partnership. :wacko:
The pitch is just a typical SA surface. The difference is the Saffers know how to bowl on it, whilst the Indians don't. And the Indian bowling attack isn't that great anyway. Not too surprising.

Apart from that its just one side handles the conditions considerably better. No idea why India didn't play some warm up games

The Indian seamers should take wickets if they bowl consistently, but Harbhajan won't be much use.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Right now, there is no such chance.

Both looking pretty comfortable out there.
This is getting very one sided. I hope India do better in the second innings. The worst part is their bowling attack is so toothless. Not a wicket has fallen so far.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Agreed, this is starting to get worrysome. Bar Zaheer they all looked pretty average against NZ too. India really need to find some talented youngsters quick.

And as I type, Harbhajan gets smith.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Whats the pitch like? Very strange seeing a great lineup bowled out for 136 to be followed by Alviro Petersen putting on a 100 opening partnership. :wacko:
exactly.

the the biggest edge i think is SA just project a much stronger confident presence, having guys like steyn and morkel helps but this is meant to be good bowling conditions and india have not really looked all that close to getting a wicket, SA have done their homework.

this is 180 change from the india of the last few years who have looked confident and assured themselves.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
err i was being sarcastic about sharma, and now its you building up a straw man about zaheer.
You must have misunderstood my post. Many people, reasonably, think that a fit Zaheer leading the attack might have made a difference (2/80 instead of 0/110), no one thinks he'd have been "better than Steyn" (your words, not mine).

Dissector

International Debutant
I think with two tour games and a fit Zaheer India might have been competitive in this game but realistically it was always going to be a difficult series. And it's not exactly a surprise to see India going down 1-0 to SA with an innings defeat. Anyway I am following this on my mobile. How is the new kid doing. Is he as woeful as he looks?

morgieb

India are getting their buts kicked. Who's the best team in the world now? :p

I always felt it was the Yarps, but meh.

Uppercut

Love watching him bowl. Especially to left-handers. There are no bowlers that good that I don't love to watch bowl.

vcs

I think we played an ODI series in Ireland and a couple of warm-up games before we won the series in England in 2007. What a moronic decision this has turned out to be. I mean, things may still not have gone any differently, but atleast we'd be satisfied that we didn't leave anything to chance.

vcs

Yeah, Morkel bowled superbly yesterday but still needs to do more outside of SA, for me.