• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Aha....just remembered. They were going to throw the first game anyway....stupid me...following the game all day....

The_roc

U19 Captain
The latest chapter from the pen of 'you couldn't make it up'

Asif wants political asylum because he is worried what will happen if he goes back to Pakistan to live.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Why cant they have MoYo open and being in Abdul Razzaq? AR can be a very good player in limited over cricket.
I simply don't understand the logic of dropping him tbh. He is a good bowling option as well, especially now that they are missing their prime bowlers and an opener. I agree that he is past his peak but he is still a very decent all rounder by Pak's standards. He is not given much chance and then dropped again...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umar Akmal's shot selection looks even more impetuous than Afridi to me. I really don't see the big deal about him...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Davies was good but the amount of times he plays shots in the air that get nowhere near the boundary will surely find him out against better sides with more disciplined attacks.Decent start though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pleased with the win and all, but it's a sign of how far expectations have been lowered for Pakistan that they were mildly patronised by the BBC for being "spirited" in being defeated by England in an ODI. 24 runs hardly a narrow squeak either, really.

We're crap at one dayers, that's our thing.

thierry henry

International Coach
Just a comment on the important issue of the day- Irfan's 7'1" listing on cricinfo is a bit of a laugh, surely? Looks about 6'9" or so?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just a comment on the important issue of the day- Irfan's 7'1" listing on cricinfo is a bit of a laugh, surely? Looks about 6'9" or so?
TH: CW's very own height Nazi.

FWIW tho 7' looks maybe a slight stretch (see what I did there?) but he does fall away quite badly in his delivery stride, so he might be taller than he seems.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased with the win and all, but it's a sign of how far expectations have been lowered for Pakistan that they were mildly patronised by the BBC for being "spirited" in being defeated by England in an ODI. 24 runs hardly a narrow squeak either, really.

We're crap at one dayers, that's our thing.
Actually, I think you guys are much improved in the pyjama game these days.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Actually, I think you guys are much improved in the pyjama game these days.
We have got a little better, but also think the pack has come backwards to meet us slightly too. Your chaps obvz not the force they once were and SA aren't quite either.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
TBH i think our test side is our weakest format at the moment, our batting can be suspect and our bowling isn't wholly proven.

Anyway, Collingwood's place must be under threat in the ODI side if Pietersen is to force his way back in. Perhaps Morgan could drop to six in place of Bopara but it might be a bit low for him, if Trott continues to score runs he will force selection but he can't bat lower than 3 imo. Collie could bat 6 i guess but he looks in stinky touch atm