• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tiny Tim removed for Chris jr. Kamran def took a liking to Bresnan's short-pitched stuff.

EDIT: & Broad's too it seems, was gash delivery tho, tbf. Short, wide and followed up with more of the same. Hmm

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kamran a decent player when he isnt giving his wicket away on purpose isnt he?
"Allegedly" :ph34r:

Hafeez just blocking here. Intresting. Looks ok with Kamran teeing off, but if he goes for 3 off 20-odd it won't be too clever for his career prospects.

Oo, clips a single to leg as I type. Brava that man.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I really don't enjoy watching England's fast bowlers bowl in ODi's. They never seem like getting wickets. Bowl too short which negates any possible movement, and then the likes of Bresnan and Broad maintain that short length but decide to bowl it nice and wide too. It's just not effective. Somehow Broad manages to pick up wickets, but the others don't tend to pick any up unless it's hooping around on a minefield, not until the slog overs anyway. Whenever we're bowling in an ODi I'm just counting down the overs till Swanneh comes on.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The number of time England bowl absolutely appallingly at Headingley ...... Couldn't tell you why. This is already reminding me of that game at Leeds against SL in 2006 when the tourists chased down 300+ without ever looking remotely troubled. ffs Anderson's sending down wides now.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought Akmal batted very well in the last game and hit a lot of decent balls (backfoot coverdrives off balls hitting top of off) for four TBH.

Neil Pickup

Even Swann's caught short-crap-itis. Hmm. I do wonder whether the wicket is perhaps a little more batting friendly than we might have expected, given the Pakistani record of playing short bowling so far this summer. Surely we'll back ourselves to chase 300 against Shoaib and 40 overs of cack?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't count on Shoaib being on top form today. Of course, a five wicket haul is always possible with him, but at 35 years old, the fourth game of the series may be quite difficult for him to generate significant pace in. Remember, he was up at 95mph in the first T20 against Australia and the pace appears to have slowly dropped off since then, with him bowling at 84-86mph in his second spell in the last ODI.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slow bowlers pulling it back.

Rather a strange shot from Hafeez for his dismissal tho. Seemed to just play over the top of it.

Jeez that's ordinary ground fielding from Jimmy; he's usually rock soild.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
England pulling it back well. Their opening/pace bowling is a real issue. They're going to need to solve it. I don't rate Bresnan. Anderson isn't an ODI bowler and Broad is really inconsistant. In conditions that suit him he can be good but when they don't suit he's easy to hit and not a terribly intelligent bowler.

Burgey

Pleasantly surprised to switch on and find that Pakistan appears to be trying. Who'd have thunk it?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yardy back on. Interesting. Reckon both these batters will fancy him.

Might've given Trott and/or Ravinder a trundle myself.

EDIT: Ha, called it. Yousuf smacks glorious flat six

Burgey

Yardy back on. Interesting. Reckon both these batters will fancy him.

Might've given Trott and/or Ravinder a trundle myself.

EDIT: Ha, called it. Yousuf smacks glorious flat six
Yeah, reckon Bopara not a bad 6th or 7th option with the ball IMHO.