• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Irrespective of who wins this game, there's nothing less manly-looking in cricket than popping a short ball up and looking clueless.

I should know. I've done it plenty of times :)

tooextracool

International Coach
England proceeding to make the impossible seem probable one more time. Really, this is why its time for a fresh new team after the Ashes irrespective of the result.

Dissector

International Debutant
Wow. Is England going to manage to screw this up? Collingwood looked woeful against the short ball. 14 wickets so far on Day 2.Must be close to the Ashes record.

King Pietersen

International Captain
This is exactly where we could have done with a Pietersen counter-attack. Just prodding around will get you out on this track, need to be positive in defence and attack. Hopefully Trott and Strauss will stick around for a while, would be disastrous if we're relying on Flintoff.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What are you on about Pratters?

You're saying it as if people laughing at Australia have done something wrong.

Go to the 4th test, and look for how many "lols" or something similar there were when England disgracefully collapsed (twice).

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Funnily enough I knew someone would pick up on me laughing at Australia collapsing. Yet when people do it for England its all well and good?
Laughing if the team had played badly is fine, not otherwise as it makes no sense the way I look at it. I know others don't see it that way and that is fine.

I have no problem on some one being happy Australia is losing though. There is a subtle difference. People mostly laugh at England because they have a history of dire collapses and dire cricket and it is amusing England playing silly cricket. Cue Phil Tufnell missing that run out viewable on youtube.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Australia are screwed, terrible batting given the surface, I reckon if this match had been in the subcontinent the ICC would have been up in arms over the pitch being unfit for a test match and all that nonsense. Australia will need something of a miracle to get past 250 on this surface, Swann looked like Murali on it. Completely eat my words over saying they were right to leave out Hauritz. Am still not convinced Broad's good enough mind, wait till SA where he reverts to his short rubbish, I suppose though that every dog has his day. Given the individual stats this will be quite an incredible series victory.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I say give up your job and watch the 4th/5th day on the ground. You deserve it.
Headed back oop north now. Will be watching from my couch. Good chance the series may end tomorrow so will have to have some beers in. If win I'm getting leathered to celebrate. If we lose I'm getting leathered to commiserate. FMD, I love cricket

Hell any quote from anyone about Broad prior to this session would be interesting.
:cool:

Wow. Is England going to manage to screw this up? Collingwood looked woeful against the short ball. 14 wickets so far on Day 2.Must be close to the Ashes record.
17 on day 1 at Lord's 2005 springs to mind immediately, not sure that that's a record though

tooextracool

International Coach
This is the sort of pitch where you want to take the pull and hook shot out of the equation. England do need to play some shots because eventually they will get the unplayable ball but they need to restrict these shots to drives and cuts at this point.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
How is that a no-ball? His foot clearly lands behind the line, and then the freeze comes a frame after. Stunned here.

Katich on to bowl.

tooextracool

International Coach
So what kind of total do England need to aim for? At this point one would think, first target would be 300 (anything less and Australia have a decent shot at winning this game) and England would want at least 400 to feel safe.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia are screwed, terrible batting given the surface, I reckon if this match had been in the subcontinent the ICC would have been up in arms over the pitch being unfit for a test match and all that nonsense. Australia will need something of a miracle to get past 250 on this surface, Swann looked like Murali on it. Completely eat my words over saying they were right to leave out Hauritz. Am still not convinced Broad's good enough mind, wait till SA where he reverts to his short rubbish, I suppose though that every dog has his day. Given the individual stats this will be quite an incredible series victory.

His father was saying it was other people telling Broad to bang it in half-way, seemed pretty peeved about it as well.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
So what kind of total do England need to aim for? At this point one would think, first target would be 300 (anything less and Australia have a decent shot at winning this game) and England would want at least 400 to feel safe.
Are you talking 400 lead or an England second innings of 400?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, you're ****ting yourself. I can tell :p
You know me too well Cameron!