• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

tooextracool

International Coach
Not sure how Cook can score runs in South Africa, given his technique. Set-up to play on nice slow, low wickets. Like Colly he will be bowled or LBW before he plays a stroke.
You are right, he wont. Steyn and Parnell will have him in stitches. Personally, if I were selecting an England squad for SA, I would get rid of Collingwood and pick someone younger. Collingwood's time is done IMO. Cook should go, but they need to have a replacement opener on his back.

Actually, If we do go on to win the Ashes, and I was Collingwood, wouldn't be a bad idea to call time on your test career either.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks a decent pitch to baton at the moment :mellow:
Did it not always though? There's all this talk about the pitch, but will someone please tell me which of those Aussie batsmen were got out by the pitch? Two were got out by the umpire, Broad got a few out, and a few others got themselves out. I stand by what I said earlier- the pitch isn't playing nicely but it's not doing anything that will make someone lose their wicket, especially against the seamers.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Did it not always though? There's all this talk about the pitch, but will someone please tell me which of those Aussie batsmen were got out by the pitch? Two were got out by the umpire, Broad got a few out, and a few others got themselves out. I stand by what I said earlier- the pitch isn't playing nicely but it's not doing anything that will make someone lose their wicket, especially against the seamers.
I was just making my comment being a disappointed Australian supporter. England bowled well, I was hoping Australia would be bowling well and they aren't doing much at all.

BTW anyone else sick of MClarke's 6-9, I can't remember another bowler have his best test bowling figures talked about so much.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
World cricket is very interesting right now.

Aus, Ind, Sa and Eng definetley form the upper tier with none of the sides having a massive advantage.. SL is another side side that can threaten the upper tier especially at home. Pakistan is a team I am unsure about, if some of the younger lot develop nicely they could be another Lanka which threatens at home (provided we play at home) other wise they can form a nice little group with NZ and Wi.
I am not sure if Eng could be added to the top tier. I don't fancy their attack on pitches that aren't helpful. They have decidedly looked ordinary in a few tests in the Ashes. They need to get their batting right. Seems to live and die with Strauss and the tail-enders. They will come in the middle tier but below Srilanka, who I believe should do well now they have an attack beyond Murali.

Burgey

Australia to draw this 9 down late on day five, with the help of some fat niff-nuff physio running out some gloves and a drink two overs in a row. :ph34r:

Burgey

Would say a few of Swann's turned a heap for day two, but not so much a big deal for the quicks, I agree.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You are right, he wont. Steyn and Parnell will have him in stitches.
Overall yea i agree Cook will have stuggles in SA. But i wont be hyping Parnell just yet, he has only looked good in T20s & ODIs. We dont even know if he can swing the red-bal & this presuming he gets picked as well for the tests..

Personally, if I were selecting an England squad for SA, I would get rid of Collingwood and pick someone younger. Collingwood's time is done IMO. Cook should go, but they need to have a replacement opener on his back.

Actually, If we do go on to win the Ashes, and I was Collingwood, wouldn't be a bad idea to call time on your test career either.
You are always so down on Collingwood yo. He has is issues no doubt, but he still remains the 3rd best batsmen we have behind KP/Struass. Their is no one better in county cricket that can replace him ATM.

pup11

International Coach
Just to put things in perspective, North bowled the 11th over of the innings ahead of Johnson and Clark..!!

EDIT: To his credit picks a wicket of a superb delivery.

King Pietersen

International Captain
You are always so down on Collingwood yo. He has is issues no doubt, but he still remains the 3rd best batsmen we have behind KP/Struass. Their is no one better in county cricket that can replace him ATM.
I disagree. I'd take Trott, Bell, Bopara, Key, Joyce, Carberry and possibly Michael Lumb ahead of Collingwood ATM.