• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

stumpski

International Captain
I can't recall England ever taking eight wickets in a session before - even against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or the Windies at their most hapless, never mind the number 1 side in the world. Quite surreal.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I can't recall England ever taking eight wickets in a session before - even against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or the Windies at their most hapless, never mind the number 1 side in the world. Quite surreal.
Maybe against WI in 2000 during the final session on Day 2 at Lord's?

Or during one of the 2nd innings sessions at Leeds in the same series when we won in 2 days?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad has as many career 5-fors as Freddie Flintmyth. Well bowled him.

Sid to swap spots with Huss next dig, looking the goods here.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

Or during one of the 2nd innings sessions at Leeds in the same series when we won in 2 days?
Yea these. May also the Oval 97 when Tufnell took that big haul & i think also SRI 01, when Giles/Croft spun us to a test win, but i'm not 100% sure if 8 wickets where taken in a session.

simmy

International Regular
We so don't deserve to win this series! But we are getting ourselves in a very good position to do so.

Knock these over then 100-2 at stumps and we are laughing.

Mr_Cricket

Cricket Spectator
Too bad a timing to choose that avatar and user name I guess. You are the real fan. :thumbup:
I have been a Hussy fan from the start and always will be. From the high's to the low's I just wished he would put a great performance when it mattered during this match.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if anyone will care to dig all the "here's hoping Broad plays" posts from the Aussies.

England look set for the Ashes here.

stumpski

International Captain

Possibly, or when Harmy got his seven-for at Kingston. And the 1978-79 Aussies had some horrible collapses. Still pretty bizarre though, if only because we're so used to being on the receiving end.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wonder if anyone will care to dig all the "here's hoping Broad plays" posts from the Aussies.

England look set for the Ashes here.
Find it interesting that Atherton was this morning saying that England had made a mistake in leaving out Panesar so that Broad could play.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Possibly, or when Harmy got his seven-for at Kingston. And the 1978-79 Aussies had some horrible collapses. Still pretty bizarre though, if only because we're so used to being on the receiving end.
Having just checked, I think you're dead right about Jamaica in 2004 - afaics we took all 10 in one session, as we did at Lord's in 2000. However at leeds in 2000 we took four before tea and six afterwards.