• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I really hope the Basin actually has a proper test match pitch. It has in recent years, with 1st innings scores of 300 and 200 last year, 250 and 100 v SL in 06/07, 200 and 400 v WI in 05/06 and 300 and 300 v SA in 03/04. But given how stupid the pitches have been this tour I wouldn't be at all surprised if even the Basin was given a layer of tarmac.

Evermind

International Debutant
Here it is, ambitious avatar bet: if India pull off a draw, you use some sort of "NZ Epic Fail" avatar ... otherwise, I'll use a "Yuvraj Epic Fail" avatar. Since the odds are clearly not in my favor, I'll do this only if at least five people agree. I'd like to see some Kiwis involved, as well as a few of the pessimistic Indian ****s in here. :p

In: Evermind, Athlai, SS,
Yeah, avatar bets don't work one-way, I'm afraid. The other party has to agree to it. I offered a bet when India had 2 days to go. You answered an emphatic "no". You offered one when India had one day to go. I didn't see the post and didn't agree to it. So that's obviously not on.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think Laxman's feats will be ignored compared to Ryders and Gambhirs TBH. This pitch seemed to get easier as the match went on, and both of the other batsman mentioned played better for their hundreds.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think Laxman's feats will be ignored compared to Ryders and Gambhirs TBH. This pitch seemed to get easier as the match went on, and both of the other batsman mentioned played better for their hundreds.
Laxman played his role to perfection and I will give him credit where it's due. I don't think people should ignore his effort of getting 70 in the first innining and 120* in the second. He played a very important part in the game.

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
Haha, saw that coming. No.
You wanted a bet and I gave you one. 15 (or so) overs of play had elapsed on Day 4 when I made that post and my immediate response to your query after the end of Day 3 was negative (though it was more of a passing comment than a refusal), so go ahead and back out of it if you want.
Yeah, no can do.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1045950&pp=25&page=2

You replied "Haha, saw that coming. No." quite emphatically when offered an avatar bet. How that's a "passing comment" and then later it's a "serious comment" is something clearly something within your own head.

Then you offered one - which I did not agree to - with a post that was edited a full 20 hours after the first post. You posted it at 7:25 am and then edited it at 1:02 pm. Initial post was 4:48 pm. That's a whole day later. That's just bull**** man. I didn't agree to it - I didn't see it. I have no problem honouring avatar bets - done it twice before already - and if India win this series, I have one with honestbharani which I fully intend to honour. However, this one is clearly way off.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah and before those two douches there was some idiot with a Bart Simpson avatar. Can't remember his name.

Every 6-10 months a new anti-Indian idiot comes along. India lose a few matches and they get stuck in, and then India come back and improve (like they've been doing consistently for 2 years now) and they look like idiots, and eventually disappear.
Haha. Yeah.

Evermind

International Debutant
I edited the post to add names to the list and the 7:25am post was just over an hour of play after the initial post - isn't that the only measure of time that matters in such a bet? Essentially, you're telling me that you wouldn't have bet against India an hour into Day 4. Right. Don't really care tbh, expect this **** from you.
How do I know what you edited the post for? I certainly wouldn't have bet against India at the end of day 4, with 252/2. That'd be silly.

It's your behaviour that reeks of dishonesty at the moment. You decline the bet, then try to pass it off as a "casual comment", and then start it up again at your own convenience? That's ****ing bull**** man - and it's there for everyone to see. As others will testify, I have honoured all my avatar bets so far, even so far as agreeing to terms more severe than those that were offered (ask zinzan12). However, this is nonsense and you know it.

"Expect this **** from you" - why, because I criticise India? Get a life.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sorry, I meant crap travellers.
They haven't been GREAT travellers in the past, but surely test wins in South Africa and Australia (in 2003/4 - series draw, and 2007/8) plus series wins in England and WI shows they are very solid.

You just want them to be crap.
Single matches don't count, sorry. It's the killer instinct that's sorely lacking to win a series, without which a team can't be considered one of the best in the world. For me, a series win in Aus or SA is the only thing that will confirm for me that India are anywhere near the top, and that they've put behind their spineless choking ways.

I don't want them to be crap at all - it would be great to have India be a competitive force in world cricket while touring.
I am sorry but that is ridiculous logic Evermind. A series win in RSA or Aus are the only ones which confirm India are good tourists? Then no team except Aus and RSA are good tourists and even they wouldn't be had they not won the away series they faced.

Last edited: