• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

adharcric

International Coach
Here it is, ambitious avatar bet: if India pull off a draw, you use some sort of "NZ Epic Fail" avatar ... otherwise, I'll use a "Yuvraj Epic Fail" avatar. Since the odds are clearly not in my favor, I'll do this only if at least five people agree. I'd like to see some Kiwis involved, as well as a few of the pessimistic Indian ****s in here. :p

In: Evermind, Athlai, SS,

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Here it is, ambitious avatar bet: if India pull off a draw, you use some sort of "NZ Epic Fail" avatar ... otherwise, I'll use a "Yuvraj Epic Fail" avatar. Since the odds are clearly not in my favor, I'll do this only if at least five people agree. I'd like to see some Kiwis involved, as well as a few of the pessimistic Indian ****s in here. :p
Good aavatar bet. I fancy India drawing it as well with Dravid or Tendulkar scoring a double century.

irfan

State Captain
I think Dhoni's the biggest factor here. The side looks so, sooo much more up for it when he's captaining them. Since South Africa's visit of India, his record reads:

1-0 vs. South Africa
2-0 vs. Australia
1-0 vs. England
1-0 vs. New Zealand

Whilst under the captaincy of anyone else reads:
0-1 vs. South Africa
1-2 vs. Sri Lanka
0-0 vs. Australia
Quite possibly soon to be 0-1 vs. New Zealand.

Then there's ODIs, where they've torn apart everyone comprehensively with Dhoni in charge bar Ajantha Mendis in the Asia Cup final.

But much more convincing than those stats would be just watching the team in the field with Dhoni in charge. In Sri Lanka, they frequently dropped catches and generally looked lethargic. Against Australia they were outplayed in the first test and just about escaped with a draw, then in the third they dropped Clarke 3 times en route to a century and let the game slip. And now, against New Zealand, they just look absolutely dire.

They're good players, but they don't play winning cricket without their captain.
Completely AWTA. Dhoni makes a MASSIVE difference to the energy and motivational levels of this team. He always has a sound judgement on managing his bowlers and setting the right field (except tailenders batting with a batsman - in-out theory). It is quite sad but that is the reality - we look so lethargic and insipid without him. Whilst Sehwag isn't the worst tactically, he doesn't exactly typify hardworking and committed out in the field.

PS: Not taking anything away from NZ - Ryder, Taylor must have played fantastic hands to put on 270odd and Martin as well as the two spinners bowling really well.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know things are slow when the producers are resorting to setting a super slo-mo of Ian Gould running to the Chariots of Fire music.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yes, he can.
No, I don't think he can. At least, not very well. Certainly not well enough at the Test level. He gives an advantage that he can turn the game around if India are behind, or get India off to a flyer no matter what. But you have to be prepared for dumb shots too. My problem is that the shot is dumb whether it works or not, but people can't stop praising him when he plays it and it comes off. So of course he is going to keep doing it. And frankly, he has been doing it more consistently and better than I thought he would. I admit I was completely off on that. But in the end, the hit and miss player is who he is, and who he'll be.

I can't believe I am saying this, but he is completely different to a smarter batsman like Dhoni. If you watched him when he first came on, compared to now, he's a miles different batsman. He still has those Made in Jharkaland shots and has brain freezes, but you can tell he is trying because he knows his style won't yield consistent results at the Test level. Sehwag is a much better batsman, but he is also more one dimensional. And even if he isn't, I'm not sure India would be better served if he tried the calmer, more cerebral approach. I think his 'See ball, hit ball' approach works in the Indian line up as it is, and he has become the lynchpin of that lineup now with it. You just have to live with it, and hope it comes off more often than not.

In any case, I am very impressed with New Zealand here. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams to watch. It's good stuff. Jesse Ryder is all class, he has a very bright future if he can avoid the pies and the booze.

Craig

World Traveller
Jesse Ryder's Test average is now up to 64. I bet he is wishing he can play against India all the time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I see there are no takers for adharcric's avatar challenge. Obviously draw is a real possibility. What are the odds on it?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

In: Athlai,
In. For how long? One week?