• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Evermind

International Debutant
If we do save this match I wonder how Evermind will take it? He seems to have taken Raghav's mantle over quite nicely.
I will take it that India are finally not crap anymore. But let's not say anything before it finally happens, eh? And let's see how the series goes, shall we?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Good day for India. If India can get through tomorrow's morning session with one wicket down, it'll be nicely set up. You could bat for another session and then have 25 overs to have a go at NZ, or you could just keep batting and tire them as much as you can. The next Test isn't in too many days, and having three straight days of bowling, plus maybe bowling again in the first innings in three days is quite a task. It might be the better option.

adharcric

International Coach
It was good batting but expected, no body with a common sense expected the mighty Jeetan Patel's or Chris Martin's to roll over Sachin, Dravid and co twice on this batting beauty.
Agree with you, but just about everyone here expected India to crumble today.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry, I meant crap travellers.
They haven't been GREAT travellers in the past, but surely test wins in South Africa and Australia (in 2003/4 - series draw, and 2007/8) plus series wins in England and WI shows they are very solid.

You just want them to be crap.

Evermind

International Debutant
They haven't been GREAT travellers in the past, but surely test wins in South Africa and Australia (in 2003/4 - series draw, and 2007/8) plus series wins in England and WI shows they are very solid.

You just want them to be crap.
Single matches don't count, sorry. It's the killer instinct that's sorely lacking to win a series, without which a team can't be considered one of the best in the world. For me, a series win in Aus or SA is the only thing that will confirm for me that India are anywhere near the top, and that they've put behind their spineless choking ways.

I don't want them to be crap at all - it would be great to have India be a competitive force in world cricket while touring.

Evermind

International Debutant
Why is there so much Yuvraj hate? Who would the haters rather see in his place? Just curious is all.
Not that there's hate, it's just that he's been given so many chances and still can't get used to test cricket. He's all at sea when you watch him bat - it's obvious he doesn't know which deliveries to leave and which ones to play. His technique isn't the best and he seems to curb his natural game to step into a role thoroughly unfamiliar to him. He should be told to play his natural one-day game - at least he'll average higher and score quicker - or dropped.

In his place, almost any of the younger guys would be good.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I tend to utilise this argument in regards to Yuvi. I'd rather see Badrinath, Kaif, Tiwary or Raina be given a chance ahead of him.

* R. Sharma is not close to being ready yet.
None of them add any value to Number Six, and should hence not be considered.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Be a fair effort if Franklin plays the whole test series and doesn't pick up a wicket. He must have bowled about 50 overs so far.