• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
are they going to set a target for nz? the nz lineup has big hitters aplenty, i hope that doesn't come back to haunt them...:blink:
lol.. they refused to take a chance with much better possibilities against England in the second test earlier this year... I am sure our team management didn't suddenly become that sporting... :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Disappointed in this sort of attitude really. Outplayed for 60% of the test, pulls a couple of good days out the hat and suddenly the sins of the first three days (unless you happen to be Yuvraj Singh) are forgotten. Bizarre.
No, I think NZ have clearly had the leg up. But I think now that you have the chance, why not run them ragged a little bit and press home the advantage because you can? It's not ignoring the first three days, it's more like trying to push them to the back by going out on a little bit of a high, and perhaps dent a little confidence on the NZ side.

I don't think it's anything else. NZ have clearly dominated the first three days and India have been playing catch up. You just make the best of it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Match drawn!! Gr8 work getting out of jail, India!!! Next time start playing with this intensity from the first ball itself!!!!

NZ were awesome!!! So good with the bat, clinical and professional with the ball and in the field!!! Juz a shame that the track was so flat and our boys were so good and so committed!!! On another week, they could have had an innings win here!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Looking forward to seeing Evermind wear another avatar as a result of losing a bet.

Never gets old.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Although NZ were in control of the match fro a scoreboard perspective keeping them out there for 270 overs straight and saving the match is a great result for us after the start we had. Our bowlers will be nice and rested for the next match while theirs could be breathing out of their ass if we can get in early and bat well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Towards the end:

"How - bring out the doosra." "Vettori - you're getting dropped next match." I can't believe the NZ crowd were sledging their own players - harsh.

NZ did score 619, but India scored 476/4 in the third innings, so I'm fine with India's batting overall. Not happy obviously with the third day, but overall it was 780 runs for the loss of 14 wickets. Not bad.

Oh, and making NZ field for 270 overs straight might be very good for India in the next match, especially if they bat first.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Towards the end:

"How - bring out the doosra." "Vettori - you're getting dropped next match." I can't believe the NZ crowd were sledging their own players - harsh.

NZ did score 619, but we scored 476/4 in the third innings, so I'm fine with our batting overall. Not happy obviously with the third day, but overall it was 780 runs for the loss of 14 wickets. Not bad.
Its not that surprising really.

Good effort by the boys, every bowler in the match hampered by the pitch.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats to India, great effort to save the game.

Found it immensely boring though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Towards the end:

NZ did score 619, but India scored 476/4 in the third innings, so I'm fine with India's batting overall. Not happy obviously with the third day, but overall it was 780 runs for the loss of 14 wickets. Not bad.

Oh, and making NZ field for 270 overs straight might be very good for India in the next match, especially if they bat first.
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find too much fault as an Indian fan. Yes the first innings on day 3 was very disappointing, and the fielding was really really **** (worst thing to come from this match), but the batsmen themselves who got us into the mess (obviously along with the fielders) manned up and batted for two+ days to save the game. Good on them.

I mean no disrespect to the Kiwi fans, because your team obviously had the better of this test match. But I think the reality is, India will walk off the field feeling better than NZ.

Having to field for so long is demoralising, no matter who you are and how many runs you got in the first innings. And NZ's team is not yet certain. Will Franklin play? Is Flynn fit and coming back (I assume so)? Will Patel play? There's been talk of Southee and Mills.

Uncertainty.

Evermind

International Debutant
Looking forward to seeing Evermind wear another avatar as a result of losing a bet.

Never gets old.
Didn't lose a bet because no one bet with me about this game.

There's an overall bet with someone about the series though.

biased indian

International Coach
Didn't lose a bet because no one bet with me about this game.

There's an overall bet with someone about the series though.
series bet is with me which i wont lose now

think you have a bet for this macth with adharic ..he did suggest it in one of his post