• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

World Traveller
Should be given life imo.
Agreed.

Funnily enough on my adventure in Europe, all AFL fans from Perth I have met are all West Coasts, same here as well so I am convinced Freemantle don't have any fans. Met a few Carlton fans as well.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
And that means what? Plenty of duds have been premiership players.
I also love how everyone has written off our footy club. I don't think we'll win the flag in the next 2 years but i do see a very bright future. Considering we cleaned up in last years draft taking 6 players that i am 90 certain will make it at AFL level.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
*snicker* Monfries...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at Cousins. You dumb ****.

Chicka involved as well?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I also love how everyone has written off our footy club. I don't think we'll win the flag in the next 2 years but i do see a very bright future. Considering we cleaned up in last years draft taking 6 players that i am 90 certain will make it at AFL level.
The fact that your spine is Michael, Fletcher, "midfielder", Lucas and Lloyd and with no-one that has to this point stuck their hand up to say that they're ready to take over. Ruck is still an issue.

I'd compare your pickups last year to Geelong's of 2002, when we got Bartel, Ablett, Johnson, Kelly in the one draft (and a couple of others, can't remember ATM). But the thing was that we had a backline sorted at that stage already. Depending on drafts and trades, but at the moment you'll either have an inexperienced backline a la Port this year, or more like Melbourne over the past two years, where it's been a real weakness.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Forwardline isnt an issue in but yes i agree the backline may be a problem. Ryder is the only proven young KP Defender we have. However guys like Johns (Knights has said he'll play down back), Lee (who looked good last year), Daniher will need to kick on. We have a rediculous amount of young onballers so that area seems covered.

It will come down to how well certain playrs develope and who's to say we can be a premiershiup threat 3-4 years down the track?

Status
Not open for further replies.