• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

A guy on an AFL forum I use posted a thread announcing C7 were going live to a press conference with Judd and McGuire to announce that the Pies had gazumped Carlton and that a surprise deal to bring Judd to Collingwood had been signed. He sucked in about 20 furious responses (only half of which were Carlton fans) before adding a :p...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kennedy has no choice. He HAS to go. Otherwise he'll have the most pressure I've ever seen on a young player to actually be a champion, considering he denied Carlton one of the greatest players of the last two decades.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Hmm...lose Cam Wood and Jared Brennan, gain Rhyce Shaw and Travis Johnstone pluse some draft picks....i don't really know about that.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Depends what draft picks. In pure players, I think you're being dudded a bit. Although Shaw may release Adcock to a full time midfield role. Johnstone isn't really what you need though, I would have thought. More another in and under to help Simon Black.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depends what draft picks. In pure players, I think you're being dudded a bit. Although Shaw may release Adcock to a full time midfield role. Johnstone isn't really what you need though, I would have thought. More another in and under to help Simon Black.
Agreed that we need another in & under to help Black, if we get Shaw though and can release Jed into a full-time midfield role i reckon he can play that role . IMO TJ is a great get, drooling at the thought of him delivering the ball to Brown.

irfan

State Captain
Agreed that we need another in & under to help Black, if we get Shaw though and can release Jed into a full-time midfield role i reckon he can play that role . IMO TJ is a great get, drooling at the thought of him delivering the ball to Brown.
You'd have to hope that someone can feed the ball to him first.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Apparently, from what i've heard, the deal is; We give Collingwood Cameron Wood, and Pick 31. They give us Shaw, and picks 14/25. We then trade off pick 14 to Melbourne, and we get Johnstone.

Brennan is apparently going to Bomberland, completely seperate deal. Tbh, i'd really rather keep Brennan. I love the bloke, and one year he's going to explode and become a superstar, rather it be with us.

As for the other trades, we've probably done pretty well there. Though my first impression of Rhyce Shaw will always be him falling over in the Grand Final. Funniest thing ever.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
The deal's been done, Ryce Shaw was not involved. It was Wood for pick 14, pick 14 for TJ.
Hmmm...I'd say we've still done fairly well. Wood was never going to get a game unless Charman and Luenburger(sp?) were injured, so he wasn't needed. TJ will fit in quite nicely, like Clapo said, him feeding the ball to Brown, and Bradshaw is a very nice prospect.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Very happy Collingwood got C.Wood - the name fits too well not to.

He should prove to have been worth pick 14 for us and will improve our midfield quite a bit.

The Lions did well to get Johnson as well I think, and Melbourne should be happy with another early pick.

Hoping we can get Jude Bolton now! :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Video of Wood - possibly might be the only decent two minutes worth of stuff he's done to date, but after years of Fraser just getting by as an actual ruckman, and the alternatives being much worse, imaging a Collingwood jumper on the kid during this video gave me wood as well...

pasag

RTDAS
Awesome and surreal to see Judd in a Carlton jumper, wont really sink in till the start of next year though.

Feel really bad for Kennedy, looked like he was about to cry at the WCE press conference. Hope he does well there.

ash chaulk

International Captain
poor kennedy.. full support going to him now. No love for Judd no more, will drop my jaw in awe when i need to tho.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Apparently we're losing Hadley to carlton. Thats shattering, that kid is going to be a star. Him, alongside Judd and the rest of Carlton's star midfield is going to be one hell of a task for teams to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.