• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I've heard he's been de-registered? As in he can't play for any club anymore? Only other player who had that done to them was Leigh Matthews. Otherwise, i'd love to see him at the Lions. Him running alongside Black and Lappin would be a beautiful thing.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Same although Judd wouldn't be too happy, finally getting away from him.

It's a tragic story, really. And with alot of people to blame as well including the media, the system, the culture etc etc.

He has no one to blame but himself for that tattoo though. Shocking.
Person mainly to blame is himself however tbh

Hoggy31

International Captain
No club would be stupid enough to take him - an obvious player revolt and the most stringent of conditions will be placed on the club by the AFL and if the **** ****s up again he jeopardises the club as a whole.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Maybe, but Lee Bowyer's still playing in the Prem after (off the top of my head) failing a test for cannabis, smashing up a McDonald's, beating living snot out of an Asian student & scrapping (on the pitch, during a game) with a team-mate (admittedly Kieron Dyer, who probably deserves a punch).

Not all drugs, admittedly, but there's a pattern there...
Bowyerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Stunner.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Cousin's lawyers might have a field day with this - expect the WCE to get sued to pay out the remainder of his contract, despite him having (still, apparently) broken the terms of the contract. And except WA Police to get sued for loss of earnings as well...

howardj

International Coach
It's very sad, the whole Cousin's saga. Granted, he bought it on himself, but it's always sad to see a young person throw away the best years of their life. As a sportsman especially, he'll never get these years back.

Craig

World Traveller
Reckon Cousin's lawyers might have a field day with this - expect the WCE to get sued to pay out the remainder of his contract, despite him having (still, apparently) broken the terms of the contract. And except WA Police to get sued for loss of earnings as well...
Sorry I'm no lawyer, but if he has broken the terms of his contract, then how can he sue the WCE and win? It's nobody but himself that is caused him to end up in this situation.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
With an attitude like that, its no wonder you're not a lawyer! :p

I've no doubt he'll sue and probably get some kind of settlement - especially as the issue that was the "final straw" has since become a fair bit less cut and dried with the charges being dropped.

Not defending what he did, I reckon he deserves nothing - I'm just pointing out that there's plenty of room for a sharp lawyer to get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.