• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is your favourite cricketer?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
archie mac said:
Others over the years are David Gower and a certain disgraced captain who played 99 Tests:)
Haven't you completely lost all respect for Azhar after learning of his misdemenours?
I always had a huge amount of time for Cronje (still feel he was one of the best captains of the modern era) but there's just no denying that all that will ever be memorable about his career for most is that he brought cricket to it's knees with bookie-involvement (we'll never come close to knowing the whole truth of the matter, but what little we do know is bad enough).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Matt79 said:
There's a most disliked cricketer thread - I'm curious who's people's favourite player is. To make it somewhat objective, lets say favourite cricketer not in your country's team.

Mine would probably be Dravid - he just seems to be a class act on and off the field.
My favourite cricketer (English or not) has always been Aravinda de Silva.
Could do things no other batsman can... and it's criminal he didn't score far, far more runs in every form of the game than he did.
My favourite English cricketer was, and still is, Dominic Cork. In 1995 and 1995\96, epitomised everything an English bowler should be.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Current players: Warney - Legend, Lee - good attitude (mostly), Nel - absurd chap carry on sir, Inzi - big man, eats pies, scores runs = Legend, Mu Mu (I want to protect him).

From history: Spofforth, Sir Viv.

All-time: HH Shri Sir Ranjitsinhji Vibhaji, Jam Sahib of Nawanagar.

howardj

International Coach
Jacques Kallis -

His technique and concentration are without peer.

Always looks super-cool too. :cool:

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
Richard said:
Haven't you completely lost all respect for Azhar after learning of his misdemenours?
That does not change the way he batted, all grace and wristy ease at the crease. :)

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Jacques Kallis
Andrew Symonds
Brian Lara
Shane Warne
Harbajahn Singh
Shoib Akhtar
Graham Thorpe
Sanith Jayasuria
Ajit Agarkar

armchairumpire