• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is your favourite cricketer?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
IndianByHeart said:
Veeru,Dhoni, Munaf Patel, Flintoff, Mohd Asif and Smith!
NOT from your home country.

Mine has to be Ervine. Champion. The good version of me. :cool:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
S F Barnes.....I would love to have seen him bowl.

If one has to name from those one has seen it would unhesitatingly be...Ted Dexter

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Big Fans Of
Michael Bevan
Mike Hussey
Glenn McGrath
Rana Naved-ul-hasan
Yousuf Youhana (hasn't done anything memorable as Mohammad Yousuf yet)
Simon Jones
Sachin Tendulkar
Mark Boucher

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
My favourite English cricketer was, and still is, Dominic Cork. In 1995 and 1995\96, epitomised everything an English bowler should be.
what...a flash in the pan 'showpony':laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lara... You MUST like the guy seriously when you stay up till 5 in the morning just to hear that century of his in the WC 2003 be analyzed and praised. Of course, I got to see the highlights of his innings as well, which was a cool add on. ;)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Warne

Also love the way Brett Lee plays the game with a smile on his face, and Murali as well

open365

International Vice-Captain
Greame Smith is my favourite current cricketer

Sir Richrd Hadlee is my favourite past cricketer because he has the best bowling action i've ever seen.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
James Anderson
Shane Bond
Graeme Smith

Hard to seperate those fella's for me.
Yippee, You know about James Anderson's likeability factor. Only Dravid comes close.

My favourite is obviously Anderson, that 10-6-12-1 won me over to cricket.

I also like.
-Chris Gayle [coolest customer around]
-Yuvraj Singh [that forwrd defense/staright drive is something to behold]
-Kevin Pietersen [91* aginst Aussis in that ODI is the best innings i have ever seen, hands down]

From the past, i cannot go past Graeme Pollock. No trigger movements, just simple serenity and class going forward or back. World cricket truely missed him

Last edited:

a massive zebra

International Captain
Of current players - Murali for his consistently phenomenal performances time and again for many years in the face of adversity and criticism; Dravid as he is the epitome of everything I look for in a Test batsman; Lara because he is the greatest talent, the best batsman to watch in my time, and when on form the best batsman since Bradman.

From the past...

Victor Trumper
Bobby Abel
Don Bradman
K.S. Ranjitsinhji
C.B. Fry
Fuller Pilch
Wilfred Rhodes
Waqar Younis
Sydney Barnes
Dexter Fitton
Benjamin Aislabie

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
archie mac said:
That does not change the way he batted, all grace and wristy ease at the crease. :)
No, it doesn't, but... doesn't that brilliance with the bat get sort of superseded?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
what...a flash in the pan 'showpony':laugh:
Not really, no more than millions of people who've played cricket.
And if you seriously think an entire year of stupendously good bowling - plus the resurrection on several subsequent matches - is flash-in-the-pan material, well... I pity you.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Not really, no more than millions of people who've played cricket.
And if you seriously think an entire year of stupendously good bowling - plus the resurrection on several subsequent matches - is flash-in-the-pan material, well... I pity you.
boy...I have sunk to new lows...pity from Richard:laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Current non English favourite players

Paks
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Shoaib Akhtar
Rana Naved

South Africans
Shaun Pollock
AB de Villiers

West Indians
Dwayne Bravo
Chris Gayle

New Zealanders
Shane Bond
Nathan Astle

My favourite Australian cricketers no longer play internationally or have retired, Andy Bichel and Paul Reiffiel. Just for their heart and making the most their cricketing abilities.

Last edited: