• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketer is peer/pundit review most wrong on?

Coronis

International Coach
What about Sutcliffe?
Sutcliffe, like Richards in this case are underrated and overrated a bit. Not necessarily to the extent of other players though. Qadir is honestly probably my pick too. Compton is another I may mention. Barrington is in there too somewhere.

Bradman could also be mentioned, as in his time, he was a bit underrated for the level of dominance he did have.

Patience and Accuracy+Gut

State Vice-Captain
Sutcliffe, like Richards in this case are underrated and overrated a bit. Not necessarily to the extent of other players though. Qadir is honestly probably my pick too. Compton is another I may mention. Barrington is in there too somewhere.

Bradman could also be mentioned, as in his time, he was a bit underrated for the level of dominance he did have.
McGrath, Garner etc. underrated as well. Both were seen as a supportive bowler to Warne and Marshall respectively. Kinda of unfair to McGrath especially.

capt_Luffy

International Vice-Captain

Comeon dude, calling Compton as overrated as Qadir is not fair. He is definitely overrated overall, but not so much. And for a 50+ averaging batsman who probably lost his peak years to war (has great FC record in those), I definitely think he is a top 10 English bat. And re Barrington, he did made Cricinfo's team ahead of Compton...... But yeah, my underrated peak might still be Barrington.

Coronis

International Coach
Comeon dude, calling Compton as overrated as Qadir is not fair. He is definitely overrated overall, but not so much. And for a 50+ averaging batsman who probably lost his peak years to war (has great FC record in those), I definitely think he is a top 10 English bat. And re Barrington, he did made Cricinfo's team ahead of Compton...... But yeah, my underrated peak might still be Barrington.
I never said he was as overrated as Qadir. I just said he’s worth a mention in this discussion. If you actually read my post, I agreed that Qadir is probably the best option.