• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketer is peer/pundit review most wrong on?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I love this new fanfic that Lara struggled against Kumble and Saqlain and apparently said something about it as well. :laugh:

Meanwhile, Kumble said he was the best batter he bowled too and was a genius whom he found very difficult to keep quiet, forgetting getting out.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I love this new fanfic that Lara struggled against Kumble and Saqlain and apparently said something about it as well. :laugh:

Meanwhile, Kumble said he was the best batter he bowled too and was a genius whom he found very difficult to keep quiet, forgetting getting out.
Though I don't get what Lara has done to Subs, Lara did said that he found facing Kumble the most difficult among spinners.

He said it somewhere here.

kyear2

International Coach

He basically said he preferred spinners who tossed it up, as he preferred to use his feet to get down the track. The flatter ones kept him in his crease more.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Though I don't get what Lara has done to Subs, Lara did said that he found facing Kumble the most difficult among spinners.

He said it somewhere here.
That is not the same as saying he found it tough to face "flat spinners". And I dont think he particularly found Kumble difficult, though he may well have found him the most difficult spinner to face.

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
That is not the same as saying he found it tough to face "flat spinners". And I dont think he particularly found Kumble difficult, though he may well have found him the most difficult spinner to face.
I meant Lara found Kumble tougher than Warne and Murali. Lara is my favourite batter ever and very likely the best player of spin ever.

subshakerz

International Coach
Dude, no need to get butt hurt. Here is Lara disagreeing with you and admitting his problem with flat spinners:

Last edited:

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Harold Larwood

Gupte worth a shout. Sobers thought he was better than Warne.
On overrated by Sobers, I present Mahadevan Sathasivam. Sobers called him "The Greatest Batsman ever on Earth" and Worrell called him "The Greatest Batsman I have ever seen", allegedly.

On Gupte and Larwood, I think they are special cases whose ceiling we don't really know about, as both of their international careers got cut short when they were the best bowler in their country by a mile, and they also do have the FC performances to somewhat back them up.