• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 30 batsmen of the modern era (1990s -Current)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
good thread this in re the points being advanced, hasn't meandered along in to parochialism yet so i'm enjoying this
Massive lol@ some Kiwi fans arguing that Kane is better than Dravid.
His overseas record is comparable to Pujara/ Rahane. If Kane had been an Indian /Aussie player, we would be discussing about him being dropped. He doesn't belong to Fab 4 discussion. He should be compared to Pujara/Rahane as of now.
hehe

Athlai

Not Terrible
Classic Indiwah.

Didn't see all those high averages translate to any runs in the final did we?

sunilz

International Regular
Tbh there is no Fab 4 .
Smith is already ATG . His form slump would determine whether he will end up at no.2 or no.10.

Whereas all of Kohli , Root, Williamson are in danger of not being ATG at all.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Makes me wonder... using this same logic Pat Cummins shouldn't come anywhere near ATG bowlers discussion in future for failing to dismiss the likes of Vihari, Jadeja, Pant, Ashwin, Thakur and Sundar early and before they wrecked havoc on Australia. He couldn't even keep a mediocre batting unit under check.
That's an ATG batting unit if I ever saw one!

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's harder to bat in the top order in NZ or England. Averages are a good indicator but they aren't the be all and end all.

On the current argument Dravid level is probably around where I'd have Kane and Kohli, under Tendulkar/Lara who are under Smith.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Adaptable to game situation, not conditions. I should have been more specific.

Williamsons away record gets brought up all the time. Its literally the go to of every Indian and Australian fan on social media, and lately Pakistanis.

Theres one member of the fab 4 whose does not, and thats because commentators desperately simp for IPL gigs.

Williamsons away failured record post becoming test standard in 2013 have a lot of samplesizelol to it, with some exceptions. He has been instrumental to every away success or face save we have. He does need to improve, but lets not pretend it never gets brought up. An overall away average of 41 is also quite respectable.
Mate most of us don't rate Kohli high on an atg scale either.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dravid and Younis each had a unique skillset that made them incredibly valuable generally and in specific circumstances, even way ahead of ATGer batsmen. For Dravid, this was conditions where it h00ped and YK mastered 4th innings chases on dodgy turners. Both played for ~16 years, the point at which your average really starts to dip. Everyone knows where each is on the run scoring chart. Can't just disregard all of that. KW is gun but has much to prove compared to absolute giants like Younis and Dravid.

sunilz

International Regular
Kiwi fans need to stop trying . No matter how much you hype , we aren't going to rate Williamson as ATG Test bat while having overseas record comparable to Pujara/ Rahane.