• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Points Table/Standings

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah, @centurymaker , you're mixing up the heydays of Wasim and Waqar with Haris Rauf and Hasan Ali. Also Imran and Wasim were very good captains. Babar is the worst I have seen. And I have seen them over 4 decades. Heck, tbh this team is not that bad, but Babar just makes them a really bad one with his awful captaincy. On current form, you will have to give it to NZ.

Flem274*

123/5
I mean I'd written off the Aus game even when they were getting dunked on. Pakistan? Sure, they could win, but I'm not too worried about it. Some T20 dribble doesn't really sway my nerves.

NZ rattled the aura through Bond and O'Brien and it shattered when Lord Colin sent an openers stump cartwheeling. It was further reduced to a team that lost with like 30 runs to win and 9 wickets in hand.

Pakistan have world class players and this is in Asia so sure, they're awesome. No one here puts then in the same category as Aussie though. Their mental hold is several levels above.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Psychologically speaking Pakistan never make it to the ODI knockouts. Do you think they'll feel that emotionally?
Pakistan was 1/5 matches in 2019 WC
then they won 4/4 including vs NZ, SA

T20 World Cup, they were 0/2
then they won 3/3 including vs SA
then beat NZ in semis

They are unpredictable lol and work on momentum and passion. If they win today, you can't rule them out for top 4. If they lose, then it's all good for NZ.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is this why NZ have lost the last 3 ICC World meetups between the two? because there's no Waqar or Wasim?
Actually we've won 4 of the last 5 ICC ODI World meetups.

1698371768172.png

Sure that includes the Champions Trophy but clearly emotions and records don't apply there. So lets keep it to ODI WCs

And would you look at that

1698371847650.png

3 World cups ago Wasim Akram is still playing, and in the 2 games since then its 1-1.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The semifinalists look set at this stage with almost 20 games left. This world cup is kinda ass tbh, even though some of the upsets have been fun. Going to be up there with 07 as the dullest world cup if the knockouts aren't good.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The semifinalists look set at this stage with almost 20 games left. This world cup is kinda ass tbh, even though some of the upsets have been fun. Going to be up there with 07 as the dullest world cup if the knockouts aren't good.
Don't fully agree. I've really enjoyed how well the "minnows" have played. Lots of good cricket on show so far, if relatively mild on the excitement.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't fully agree. I've really enjoyed how well the "minnows" have played. Lots of good cricket on show so far, if relatively mild on the excitement.
The games haven't been close and the ladder isn't close. The minnows aren't even real minnows because they limited it to ten teams. There are more Test teams than World Cup teams FFS.

I've enjoyed it but I always enjoy the World Cup. Can't help but agree with OS. We need NZ or Aus to massively **** up in the next couple of games to enable a mad dash to fourth at the end, or the semis and final need to be crackerjack close games. Hard to really salvage it in comparison to other tournaments if neither of those things happen.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
The games haven't been close and the ladder isn't close. The minnows aren't even real minnows because they limited it to ten teams. There are more Test teams than World Cup teams FFS.

I've enjoyed it but I always enjoy the World Cup. Can't help but agree with OS. We need NZ or Aus to massively **** up in the next couple of games to enable a mad dash to fourth at the end, or the semis and final need to be crackerjack close games. Hard to really salvage it in comparison to other tournaments if neither of those things happen.
Don't worry that's exactly what's gonna happen.

Qlder

International Debutant
If PAK somehow beat SA then 3 teams will all be on 8 points fighting for 2nd when AUS beat NZ tomorrow 😀

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's no difference between second and third tbf.
Is there any relevance in positioning in regard to washouts? Like in local cricket you generally want to finish higher because you go through in the case of rain. I assume WC finals will have reserve days but what if like a whole week is rained out