• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

Revelation

U19 Debutant
CrimeMasterGogo said:
Atapattu has played 127 innings..

He has made 10 or less a whopping 57 times...including 19 ducks...

If we remove the 6 ducks at the start of his innings...
his average goes from...40.28 to 42.54..which is not much of a jump...

Just out of curiosity...if you remove all 19 ducks....48.42

How does someone join the AAAS?
well i'm not too sure but the most telling stat is the performance against each nation:

AUSTRALIA-311 runs in 15 innings @ 22.21 (not incl current)

BANGLADESH-221 runs in 2 innings @110.50

ENGLAND-603 runs in 17 innings @ 43.07

INDIA- 573 runs in 17 innings @ 35.81

NEW ZEALAND- 153 runs in 9 innings @ 19.13

PAKISTAN-659 in 21 innings @ 34.68

SOUTH AFRICA-491 runs in 19 innings @ 25.84

WEST INDIES- 396 runs in 12 innings @ 44.00

ZIMBABWE-1145 runs in 15 innings @ 95.42

Those highlighted are the countries that he has averaged above his overall average. of the 4, three (WI, ZIM and BAN are the bottom 3)

Attapatu has scored 14 centuries and 9 of them (64%) have come against these 4 even though he has only played 46 of his 127 innings (36%) against that opposition.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Atapattu has such gloriously perfect technique that it's such a shame that he's underachieved so much. He really is a fine player but just never consistently shows it.

Top_Cat

Atapattu has such gloriously perfect technique that it's such a shame that he's underachieved so much. He really is a fine player but just never consistently shows it.
I think his problem is this; he gets bowled a lot by new-ball bowlers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Top_Cat said:
I think his problem is this; he gets bowled a lot by new-ball bowlers.
But what fault is there visible in his technique? Both he and Daren Ganga appear to have the book covered.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
But what fault is there visible in his technique? Both he and Daren Ganga appear to have the book covered.
Driving down the wrong line and playing on.
He is a joy to watch when he gets going, even his first innings dismissal in Darwin looked good! Played a nice flowing cover drive, unfortunately he missed the ball and lost a bail. :D :D

SL are going well.
Lunch 2/280
Atapattu 133
Jayawardene 43

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
hey! anyone in australia wanna help a cricket fan out?? any chance of turning your webcam in the direction of the tv?? let me know pleeeasssssseee :D

Simon

lets hope we can get a few wickets shortly after lunch, at least be batting by the end of the day!

Craig

World Traveller
303/4, another 15 runs to avoid the follow on.

I'm predicating a total between 370-420 by Sri Lanka.

Australia will be looking for a 4th innings target of 300-350 minimum.

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
with chandana and kalu yet to come and if these two occupy the crease for the rest of today, 500 is very possible.

Sri Lanka trail by 195 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st
innings

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Of course it is possible, but the question is will they?

324-4 at tea. Iti s time for people like Thilan Samaraweera and Tillarakaratne Dilshan step up and show how good they really are.

IMO at this stage I will go for 420 max.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
The SL batsmen are giving it a good go. This is a good sign for them - I was half expecting a collapse at some stage.

5/411
Samaraweera 53
Kaluwitharana 30

tooextracool

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
Maybe, but Atapattu's rate of failure is even higher than the others - Channel 9 did a statistic during the first Test, and he had the highest rate of failure.
they should do a statistic about their rate of failure outside SL(and bang,zim).....that would tell the real story.

Last edited: