• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im expecting attapatu to get out early tomorrow too, hopefully we can have them in again by tea and have them down 1 or 2 by stumps, the pitch will be at its best in the coming day, so i think even if they follow on we will surely bat again, let haydos and alf get a couple of not outs and lift the averages slightly :)

biased indian

International Coach
broncoman said:
im expecting attapatu to get out early tomorrow too, hopefully we can have them in again by tea and have them down 1 or 2 by stumps, the pitch will be at its best in the coming day, so i think even if they follow on we will surely bat again, let haydos and alf get a couple of not outs and lift the averages slightly :)
i thought australians never played for individual glory

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
biased indian said:
thats what i have been saying about flintoff and harmisson. let them perform consistently for a long period and then we will have them in world 11.other wise u will have to take all based on current form.
That has no relevance on Jayasuriya, since a tag of World Class is associated with a career, not form.

Of course a World XI is going to be picked on current form 8-)

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
Revelation said:
well it's about time he started scoring doubles against a team besides Zimbabwe and Bangladesh!
207* not out D 3rd Test v Pak in SL 2000 at Kandy

201* not out W 1st Test v Eng in SL 2000/01 at Galle

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
the rate of failure amongst ALL sri lankan batsmen is high! Its hard to see a sri lankan play a long steady slow innings. every batsmen wants to score quickly, this is in their blood i guess. it can be devastating from a team point of view and it can also make interesting cricket to watch.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Maybe, but Atapattu's rate of failure is even higher than the others - Channel 9 did a statistic during the first Test, and he had the highest rate of failure.

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Maybe, but Atapattu's rate of failure is even higher than the others - Channel 9 did a statistic during the first Test, and he had the highest rate of failure.

contributing highly to that statistic is his first 6 innings, which were all ducks & a score of 1 i believe.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tom Halsey said:
6 innings in a carear that long doesn't make much difference - it's his whole carear that's contributed to it.
6 failures to start your career does make a huge difference to such a statistic. Don't fool yourself.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Not really.

Out of 200 or whatever it is innings, 50 scores under 10 only becomes 56.

I am not denying that 6 failures to start your carear must dent your confidence and possibly make you further worsen the statistic, but out of a carear, 6 innings isn't a huge amount IMO.

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
TESTS
(including 01/07/2004)
M I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 74 127 14 4552 249 40.28 14 12 46 0

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Those stats implies that he is a good player (which I said up in the thread)

OK, so he has played 127 innings - I still don't think 6 innings makes all the difference.

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Atapattu has played 127 innings..

He has made 10 or less a whopping 57 times...including 19 ducks...

If we remove the 6 ducks at the start of his innings...
his average goes from...40.28 to 42.54..which is not much of a jump...

Just out of curiosity...if you remove all 19 ducks....48.42

How does someone join the AAAS?

Mr Mxyzptlk

CrimeMasterGogo said:
Atapattu has played 127 innings..

He has made 10 or less a whopping 57 times...including 19 ducks...

If we remove the 6 ducks at the start of his innings...
his average goes from...40.28 to 42.54..which is not much of a jump...

Just out of curiosity...if you remove all 19 ducks....48.42

How does someone join the AAAS?
2 more runs per innings is a big difference.