• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont think we can give them the chance to win, if they draw the series 1-1 we lose our ranking of number 1 test nation dont we????
a draw isnt so bad, we will win the series with that result...

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I think the weather might play a part in it as well........we shall see how many overs Ponting leaves the Lankans to get the total tomorrow

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Well Ponting gave them 85 overs to chase 355.

Match State: Lunch - Day 5

Australia 517 & 292/9d
Sri Lanka 455 & 48/1 (14.0 ov)

Sangakkara 13
Jayasuriya 22

Umpire Aleem Dar is having a shocker out there. There was a deadset plumb lbw against Jayasuriya, not given. Plenty of action out there today, 2 dropped chances, edges through slips, close lbw's not given...Sri Lanka have really had a lot of luck so far.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Shane needs 4 of the remaining 6 to hold the record on his own or at least 3 of the 6 to equal 527. Both seem far fetched !!

If he can't do it even when Murali doesn't play, he is never going to have another chance (Unless ICC do him a favour and ban Murali!!)

Chandana took 10 for the match. Had Murali played, its very likely he would have took heaps more in both Tests!! Ponting should thank John Howard specifically in his thanking speech!!

Last edited:

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Match State: Tea - Day 5

Australia 517 & 292/9d
Sri Lanka 455 & 107/5 (42.5 ov)

Sangakkara 40

Last Wicket: 107/5 (42.5 ov); Partnership: 43 runs, 14.3 overs, RR: 2.97
TM Dilshan c Warne b Gillespie 21 (52b 4x4 0x6) SR: 40.38

Andre

International Regular
Well, Gilly just copped one on the snorkel - he's up and keeping again with a helmet. Well done - nice courage.

Yet, as always, channel 9 showed the replay time and time again from every possible camera angle. Very tasteful, as per usual... :wacko:

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I couldn't watch those replays. It looked too painful. :blink: :wacko:

Courageous to still be there keeping with a broken nose.

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
well looks like its over..

69.2 Warne to Sangakkara, OUT: bowled'm! finally gets one to spin back
in sharply from outside the off stump, Sangakkara drives at it and
gets beaten, ball crashes into the stumps, end of a fighting
innings, it's party time in the stands

Slow Love™

International Captain
I CANNOT, CANNOT believe that Channel Nine left the cricket with 12 overs to go and Warne needing one more to share the world record, just to go to a friggin' GAMESHOW. That is just a terrible decision.

Poor effort, Nine. I'm amazed.

Slow Love™

International Captain
He got it!!!!! Congrats, Shane!

Channel Nine, you suck. This has to be one of the worst calls a sports broadcaster has ever made in Australia.

Slow Love™

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Australia need 2, and so does Shane.

Anyone care to back against him / them?
Warne only needs 1 to hold the record in his own right. There's 8 overs to go, but I don't know how the light's holding up...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Dammit, the game's back on Channel Nine now - I'd switched over to the Ten news, and happened to check back. I wonder if Kerry Packer phoned in...