• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Says Who, ACB ? Yeah Right I believe them.
Good. I think you ought to take their word on the matter.

Sanz said:
Well that means the Aussie players do try to cheat at times by claiming catches, How many times have we seen Aussie fans calling that fielder as 'Cheat'. As for warnie, Didn't he take a banned substance before the world Cup despite being given a list of all the banned substance by Cricket Australia ??
*cough*azharuddin*cough* I would keep your rantings to yourself if I were you.

Sanz said:
I am not attacking any nation here, I am attacking the fans who dont want Murali to excercise his right to stay away from a tour. These aussie fans are just ****ed that they will not get a Chance to have a go at murali.
Well, most of the Aussie fans on here (and the few I know personally - shudder) seem to feel that they are being robbed of a great head-to-head, so it's quite the reverse of what you are saying.

0/3. Quite good for you.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
AUST_HiTMaN said:
God Sanz, i dont turn on the forums to see anti Aussie crap like what you been posting, and dont deny it, you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about Australians. I am going to the Cairns test match, and i can say that the people of Carins and Darwin would treat Murali coming to Australia as a privlidge. These 2 cities only get to see international cricket live once a year, they are both a long way and expensive for the so called 'drunken anti murali yobbo's' from the other cities to come up to watch the test matches there.
Well, I can't stop you from imagining things, Can I ?? Please continue to think the way you want to. I guess people of Carins and Darwin will have to wait till next SL tour to see Murali and all that because of Some arrogant drunk fans who think they know it all and have no respect for ICC's decision.

If you really think that supporting Murali's stand is Anti-Australian then be it. I am not going to deny anything. :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
*cough*azharuddin*cough* I would keep your rantings to yourself if I were you..
And Azza is banned for life, Isn't he ?? Same can't be said for Waugh and Warnie.

luckyeddie said:
Well, most of the Aussie fans on here (and the few I know personally - shudder) seem to feel that they are being robbed of a great head-to-head, so it's quite the reverse of what you are saying.
Well too bad for them, due to the stupidity of their Prime Minister and some idiotic fans they are going to miss it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Well too bad for them, due to the stupidity of their Prime Minister and some idiotic fans they are going to miss it.
So how does that sit with your previous statement about Aussie fans wanting him to pull out?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Well, let's see, could it be that since he's been informed that the doosra is illegal, he's not bowled it?
That is my point, If he chucks again, Let the Umpire call a No Ball, Let the 3rd Umpire report his action to ICC and wait for ICC to ban him .

Fans should be willing to trust the decision of Umpires and ICC and should stay away from harrassing him or calling a 'No-Ball' everytime he runs into bowl.

Moreover Why cant we have a player stay away from a tour ??

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Which is presicely why Murali's actions are being critisised by many. He had the opputunity to resolve this, and show he can rise above it and bowl for the people of Cairns and Darwin.
Instead, he's chosen to hide at home in Sri Lanka. If he doesnt like being heckled and shouted at, then he shouldn't be playing international cricket, simple as that.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
So how does that sit with your previous statement about Aussie fans wanting him to pull out?
When did I say that ?? I never said that Aussie fans want Murali to Pull out. Infact Aussie fans dont want Murali to Pull out and some of them are really mad that this time they will not have chance to have a go at him.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
That is my point, If he chucks again, Let the Umpire call a No Ball, Let the 3rd Umpire report his action to ICC and wait for ICC to ban him .

Fans should be willing to trust the decision of Umpires and ICC and should stay away from harrassing him or calling a 'No-Ball' everytime he runs into bowl.

Umpires no longer 'call' bowlers in test matches - period.

Remember there were political agendas afoot when it happened last time - and this was DESPITE the fact that the umpires had initially agreed not to call Murali but to report him.

Calling for throwing is a retrograde step of huge proportions, and would in all likelihood tear international cricket apart.

Linda

Sanz said:
So you think it's ok for a panel to put it's faith in a player and pick him, only to have him say 'No, thanks mate, I think I'll stay at home this time'?
Representing your country is a privilige, not something you can turn on and off when it suits you.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Sanz said:
if an umpire "no balls" its a problem. why the hell does it matter what the fans do (or say, as long as they dont physically abuse you)

coz he's getting paid to play

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
So you think it's ok for a panel to put it's faith in a player and pick him, only to have him say 'No, thanks mate, I think I'll stay at home this time'?
Representing your country is a privilige, not something you can turn on and off when it suits you.
Yes, but it's happened a hundred times before and it'll happen a hundred times again, rightly or wrongly (and there are always two sides).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Raj123 said:
if an umpire "no balls" its a problem. why the hell does it matter what the fans do (or say, as long as they dont physically abuse you)

coz he's getting paid to play
Yay! You WILL play 12 months of the year, or else!

Linda

luckyeddie said:
Yes, but it's happened a hundred times before and it'll happen a hundred times again, rightly or wrongly (and there are always two sides).
Doesn't make it any more right.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
Doesn't make it any more right.
Not in this instance, no, but you know what? No-one outside the armed forces has the right to order someone to do something.

The guy's head's not right at the moment, he's got people from both sides either giving him advice, laughing at him or just being obnoxious.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Linda said:
So you think it's ok for a panel to put it's faith in a player and pick him, only to have him say 'No, thanks mate, I think I'll stay at home this time'? Representing your country is a privilige, not something you can turn on and off when it suits you.
Puhlese..cut that crap. How many times have we seen players from australia, NZ, England skipping the tour of sub-continet for reasons best known to them. Richard Hadlee, Ian Botahm etc come to my mind and I still remember as a Kid how much I wanted to see Hadlee to Play in the World Cup 1987 but he refused to tour India. Recently NZ players opted out of Pakistan tour, Mcgill opted out of Zim tour.

I know you will have an excuse for every one of those incidents.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Umpires no longer 'call' bowlers in test matches - period.

Remember there were political agendas afoot when it happened last time - and this was DESPITE the fact that the umpires had initially agreed not to call Murali but to report him.

Calling for throwing is a retrograde step of huge proportions, and would in all likelihood tear international cricket apart.
What's the solution then ?? I would definately not recommend fans taking the matters in their own hands and calling No-Balls before each delivery.

Eddie, I fail to understand one more thing, Whole world (including me) thinks that Murali is a Chucker and he shouldn't be playing cricket or banned from playing cricket. Now that he himself has decided not to tour Australia(for whatever reasons) Instead of being happy that they dont have to see a chucker they are complaining ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Linda said:
Which is presicely why Murali's actions are being critisised by many. He had the opputunity to resolve this, and show he can rise above it and bowl for the people of Cairns and Darwin.
Instead, he's chosen to hide at home in Sri Lanka. If he doesnt like being heckled and shouted at, then he shouldn't be playing international cricket, simple as that.
What rubbish, He is Playing international cricket doesn't mean that any tom **** and harry can come and abuse him, Harass him and get away with it.

Your choice of words suggest the radical nature of some fans he is going to face in australia and it re-affirms my faith (once again) in his decision and yes most (if not all) of us chose to hide at our homes in bad times.