• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Sri Lanka can win this. They have 3 days to score 312. All they have to do kepp the wickets intact. They don't even have to go for the shots, they can crawl to victory. :cool: I hope Jayasuriya plays a vital innings.

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
top cat> thanks! sent you an email.

what a bowling performance from mc grath eh? but not alot can be said about the SL top order, against the swinging ball they sometimes turn out to play like under -13's would!
as for mahela, its been soo long that i have thought he needs to be given a rest. He has been out of form for sometime, in saying that he just mite churn out his best batting perfomance yet to win this one in the next innings and make my comments look like a fools! :D

it's un real how the sri lankans can loose the initiative so quickly, very similiar to their home series agains the australians!
however as someone else pointed out in a post above, they do have 3 or so days and plenty of talent, plenty of batters who have played long innings. Dont forget marvan and kumar.it's a long shot!

how's the pitch playing fella's?

has it settled down?

it mite actually work in the Sri lankas favour if the pitch is playing easier than the 1st and 2nd days, but then theirs warne to contend with!!

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Waughney said:
Worst game show ever, they should have put it back half an hour. (Sundays will be on ABC, so maybe we won't have to put up with it during the Cairns test)
It was especially annoying when they cut off the coverage during an LBW appeal. :@ :wacko:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ReallyCrazy said:
They don't even have to go for the shots, they can crawl to victory. :cool: I hope Jayasuriya plays a vital innings.

The words "Jayasuriya" and "crawl to victory" don't really gel.

biased indian

International Coach
SL are going to be allout for less than 150
i hope gillespie take a lot of wicket i had him in my cricket prediction league

GermanShepherd

School Boy/Girl Captain
Waughney said:
Aleeem Dar reminds me of Dave Orchard, he just doesn't seem up to standard. I guess I'm just a bit p***ed off about the Katich desicion. I didn't agree with Bowden's LBW desicion against Warne either, although he rarely makes mistakes. Interesting days play ahead tommorow. If Sri-Lanka are to win they need players like Jayasuria to play their natural games and attack, otherwise it's only a matter of time before they get out.
Katich was unlucky. As for Warne, well that looked fair enough to me. It was going to hit leg stump IMO.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
312 is going to be a mountain. On a perfect batting surface, it would be a difficult ask. On this deck, I don't think the SL's are going to come close (no disrespect intended; the Aussies or any batting line-up wouldn't come close against this attack).

As for the 'they've got plenty of time' thing, that almost always works against you. When you starting thinking in those terms, suddenly you relax mentally. And as everyone would be well aware of, that's death against this Aussie side. He who hesitates in lost and whilst SL have plenty of time to the get the runs, where the Aussies excell is when they've got plenty of time to bowl the opposition out.

No, if SL is to win this one, they'll need to play their natural attacking game. If Jayasuriya gets away, they'll be a realistic chance but if he goes early, well it won't last until tea. I've noticed he's their team barometer to an extent (more so than Atapattu).

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bennyr said:
Now can we talk about your earlier post re: Glenn McGrath not being a threat in this series?
T'was my opinion. I can't be right all the time. However, I will not be convinced until he bowls well against India in India & N.Z. at home without bowling 6 feet outside the offstump, like he did last time against N.Z.

Top_Cat

You "will not be convinced until he bowls well against India in India & N.Z. at home without bowling 6 feet outside the offstump, like he did last time against NZ"??? Re-read that and see if it makes sense to you.

"Yup, I won't be convinced that Sachin is a decent player until he gets a ton against Australia in pacy conditions using nothing but cut shots and not those drives he likes to play so much."

The fact that you put such strict criteria on your 'convincing' suggests you'll never be convinced and I think that's deliberate. The last refuge of the person who doesn't like someone for no apparent reason is to invent one.

Seriously, you don't need to see Glenn McGrath bowl against another opposition to know he's bowling well right now. Use your eyes and your cerebral cortex and not your prejudices.

Cloete

International Captain
Well done to Kasper and teh Aussies, 3 runs off his test best with his 7-39.

A great game to watch IMO, it's good to see a wicket that offers something for the bowlers once in a while rather than just a batsman's dream!!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Warne's going to struggle to make it to 528 wickets at Cairns, unless they produce a turner for him !! Does anyone know what the pitch is like in Cairns? Hope its not another one of these "Drop in Pitches" .(McGrath and Kaspar will obviously like that).

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Looks like Warne's going to struggle to make it to 528 wickets at Cairns, unless they produce a turner for him !! Does anyone know what the pitch is like in Cairns? Hope its not another one of these "Drop in Pitches" .(McGrath and Kaspar will obviously like that).
Don't rule it out - MacGill took 10 wickets at Cairns last year.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff Kaspa! Finally rewarded.

Well, Elliot finishes his test career with 8, 4, 44, 0, 0, 16, 9, 0, 1, 0 in his last 10 innings.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Kasper! Well done, great bowling!
So what happens with the ABC coverage that won't take place tomorrow (since the game is done)?

Top_Cat

Great stuff Kaspa! Finally rewarded.

Well, Elliot finishes his test career with 8, 4, 44, 0, 0, 16, 9, 0, 1, 0 in his last 10 innings.
Yeah, why focus on the positives when there's a negative to be hunted down, massaged and eviscerated for the world to see? I bet you stamped on butterflies as a kid. 8-)

And yes sensational bowling from Kasper. Great to see. I honestly didn't think he'd make it back into the side but there you go. He really is bowling well right now.