• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

Waughney

International Debutant
Lunch, Day 2: Australia hit back strongly, Sri-Lanka all out for 97 (Dilshan 17*)

Great Bowling by McGrath 5 for 37 (first 5-for since Feb 2002 vs SA) from 15 overs, passes Kapil Dev on all time list, to be 4th with 435 wickets. Incredibly consistant bowling with good movement off the seam and occasional swing (not a usual for McGrath)
Gillespie bowled with great accuracy but only adding 1 more wicket to his overnight tally (2-18 of 13)
Warne bowled well, getting some spin and drift happening (especially late) 3-22, surpasses Walsh to become 2nd on the all time list with 520 wickets (7 behind Murali)
Kasprowicz unlucky, one dropped chance by Gilchrist down the leg side 0-15 of 7

Australia looking to build on their lead of 110.

Andre

International Regular
Katich out, caught at bat pad off Chandana. Terrible decision, absolutely terrible.

Aleem Dar is having an absolute shocker here.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I heard good things about Dar before he umpired in the NZ/S.A series..but I thought he was average to say the least. Looks like he's continuing it in this series.

How's Billy doing?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AUST_HiTMaN said:
How was the final session after Tea? I had to go out and missed it unfortently.
aus got all out in the end, the coverage on nine stopped early though, was terribly exciting, but gilchrist did enough to bat us into a winning position....

tooextracool

International Coach
i didnt get to watch too much of the game largely because most of it is over by the time i get up....
i would just like to make one point......darren lehmann is the only batsman to maintain that 50 average of his....thats about as underrated a player as you'll ever see and was definetly missed in that last series at home against india.
also got a chance to watch katich bat....extremely unlucky to be given out caught at forward short leg.....the bat was about a mile away from the ball.

Waughney

International Debutant
Aleeem Dar reminds me of Dave Orchard, he just doesn't seem up to standard. I guess I'm just a bit p***ed off about the Katich desicion. I didn't agree with Bowden's LBW desicion against Warne either, although he rarely makes mistakes. Interesting days play ahead tommorow. If Sri-Lanka are to win they need players like Jayasuria to play their natural games and attack, otherwise it's only a matter of time before they get out.

Top_Cat

dude: might be best to wait until the next Test for highlight; this one don't look like it's going the distance!

And Glenn McGrath; what a champion. He does it time and time again yet people still doubt him. When will they learn? :)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
When it comes to selecting a team, Sri Lankan selectors are a bunch of incompetents. This is clearly reflected in the kind of batsmen picked in the senior team and A team. The A team has 4 or 5 batsmen averaging in the 20's, while the more capable Michael Vandort and Sajith Fernando are left out. On CricInfo's Lankan forums, I read that the selectors pick players only from specific schools or clubs, not on form. The senior team has picked one of the WORST batting lineups of today- Mahela is out of form, Arnold won't bat like one from a dominating side (he plays more a struggler playing for his place), while Dilshan is just average. Kaluwitharana picked for batting? If you look at Prasanna's form, he's as good as Kalu! Saman Jayantha, Michael Vandort and Naveed Nawaz are definitely needed in this lineup. The selectors seem to think old is gold, even if it's obsolete and outdated. This batting lineup is only 3 men strong, because of this.

Waughney

International Debutant
And Glenn McGrath; what a champion. He does it time and time again yet people still doubt him. When will they learn?
If they haven't learnt yet, I don't know how they will.

Neil Pickup

Waughney said:
Oh..It's on: 2005, Ashes.
Maybe that's when everybody will learn
Indeed, you will.

And I intend to have blagged media passes from the ECB by then, too, so I can see it live :D

Waughney

International Debutant
Edited quote
Neil Pickup said:
Indeed, you will...learn that McGrath is an even better fast bowler than anyone ever thought.

And I intend to have blagged media passes from the ECB by then, too, so I can see McGrath rip England to shreds live :D
There we go, I edited your post, now it's 100% correct. :p :D

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
broncoman said:
aus got all out in the end, the coverage on nine stopped early though, was terribly exciting, but gilchrist did enough to bat us into a winning position....
Doesn't it suck that we leave the cricket for "The Price is Right"?

Waughney

International Debutant
Jnr. said:
Worst game show ever, they should have put it back half an hour. (Sundays will be on ABC, so maybe we won't have to put up with it during the Cairns test)

Simon

Jnr. said:
LOL yeh, how pathetic, although arent they giving away 10k a night or something!!!! it might be worth watching :)