• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Dizzy gone plumb LBW and then got McGrath out caught at second slip.

On a hat trick next innings.

Vaas 5/36 or something like that, Australia 207.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I seem to recall Australia did this a couple of months ago against Sri Lanka..but were let off the hook in their 2nd dig.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I seem to recall Australia did this a couple of months ago against Sri Lanka..but were let off the hook in their 2nd dig.
It may happen again. Already Atapattu's gone.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Whoa, umpires, pay attention - the last two LBW's have pitched outside the leg stump.

I saw the Gillespie one, and if I can tell with the naked eye before a replay (and so could Tony Grieg) then the men in white should be able to, without having to turn to technology to do it for them. Poor calls.

Strange to see the events of the series in Sri Lanka being mirrored (so far) out here as well, and without Murali, too...

Good to see McGrath getting early wickets though. :)

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Sangakkara lucky not to be bowled earlier when Gillespie hit the off stump but didn't dislodge a bail.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Definently, those stumps are cemented in place.

Good to see Mcgrath has made a fairly decent start coming back after such a long absense. A couple of no ball's here anyd there but otherwise pretty decent.

Will be an interesting second day's play tomorow.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Jnr. said:
Sangakkara lucky not to be bowled earlier when Gillespie hit the off stump but didn't dislodge a bail.
Yeah that was just amazing.

There must be something diffrent with those stumps I reckon normaly that stump would have been out of the ground. Same with the delivery that got Marvin out the ball crashed into the stump yet it hardly moved and the bail almost stayed on.

Also 207 aint that good but my guess is it's not to far of par on this pitch.

I hated the pitch in Darwin last year and this seem's just as bad.

Dont get me worng I like a bowlers pitch just not dog slow ones that make batting look horrible.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I only saw the first LBW and it was technically not out but still close.

Having said that the ball was going to hit midle about halfway up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thrilled to see Sri Lanka prove me wrong for the moment and knock over Australia. Particularly pleased with Gilchrist - 0, but I honestly can't see this happening again in the series. Vaas may have done almost everything today, but he surely won't be able to sustain it throughout... surely not.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
iamdavid said:
This attack just dosent look capable of bowling the Australian's out cheaply to me
Not only can you not use apostrophes properly, you're also totally and utterly wrong :D

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I pulled a sickie from school today to watch it and its the first time i've seen that young Sri Lankan bloke bowl, Malinga I think he name is? Lehmann and Katich had a bit of trouble with him later on, Lehmann was unlucky though that decision was another shocker, was missing off easilly. His action is different, very interesting, can't say id like to be his chiropracter in 10years time.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
In the recent series v NZ 'A'..Malinga took 4 wickets for 163 runs at an average of 40.75 in his only match.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Particularly pleased with Gilchrist - 0, but I honestly can't see this happening again in the series.
That is the best way of keeping the Australian team under control. Gilchrist was not in the best of form in the home series v/s India, so the Indians performed a lot better. When he has found form, as in ODI's, many an opposition team has been under the hammer.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Tim said:
In the recent series v NZ 'A'..Malinga took 4 wickets for 163 runs at an average of 40.75 in his only match.
I only watched from when Martyn got dismissed, and from what I saw, Malinga bowled impressively, had Lehmann and Katich in all sorts of trouble.