• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Bahseph

International Debutant
That batsmanship yesterday was nothing but pathetic. Same old problems when faced with something different our batsman are clearly not good enough to adapt.
Can't say I expected much from Smith or Reeza. I'd like to hope our Test batsman (Markram, Stubbs and Verreynne) would be able to adapt. Also Mulder should be above Smith in this lineup.

SeamUp

International Coach
Can't say I expected much from Smith or Reeza. I'd like to hope our Test batsman (Markram, Stubbs and Verreynne) would be able to adapt. Also Mulder should be above Smith in this lineup.
Agreed mate. Smith isn't exactly the greatest vs spin. He had no chance re: unorthodox with what sounds like poor analytic preparation for Ghazanfar.

It's frustrating Mulder has taken so long to show hints of being an international cricketer but he may just be doing it now.

SeamUp

International Coach
Still miffed about the Bedingham non selection in the 50 over stuff ..That was an easy decision and Walter failed to make it happen.
Only saving grace is that the ODI squads were picked before his 188. At least he should be in the picture moving forward. But my concern is thinking all of Bavuma, Hendricks, Rassie and de Zorzi can be in our ODI squads.

Plus before the Champs Trophy, we only have a triangular in Pakistan after these ODI's.