• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Yes for a guy to be called next abd he gotta to be good at test/fc
He shouldn't be worried about that , De Villiers was a generational player ..At Brevis age he was already playing Test cricket, in fact AB already had 1000 test runs @50 by age 21 ..

Brevis should be trying to become the best cricketer he can be , ignore all the talk and work on his strengths, if he's willing to put the work into his legspin well that will be great also, we haven't had a player like that since Aubrey Faulkner

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Neil Brand is 104* & SA A 257/6

Brevis 49 & Ackerman 37 the next best.
Brand played a captains knock but I got to question the management team ..

Dithole is never playing for SA his stats are way too poor and he's in his 30's , so why not drop him and keep Qeshile who at 24/25 atleast has half a chance ..Also Breetzke just scored a 100 in the first game , he's not an established player ..Why would the selection panel not give him a chance to build on his form?

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Brand played a captains knock but I got to question the management team ..

Dithole is never playing for SA his stats are way too poor and he's in his 30's , so why not drop him and keep Qeshile who at 24/25 atleast has half a chance ..Also Breetzke just scored a 100 in the first game , he's not an established player ..Why would not give him a chance to build on his form
You have to a real top player at 31 to be playing for our A team with a chance of playing for the Proteas. So it's just a waste of a space in trying to get a player ready for the next stage. I mean he isn't Eddie Moore levels either.

I've liked Qeshile but he has gone backwards. Much like Janneman Malan and Grant Roelofsen. Maybe expectations were to high to start but he definitely is a good player. Where he stands Vs competitors who knows.

I think they resting Breetzke with all travelling he has done & going to UAE too. Not saying I agree with it but I guess him not playing allows Jean du Plessis to play for the numbers. It's **** like that we have to think about.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
You have to a real top player at 31 to be playing for our A team with a chance of playing for the Proteas. So it's just a waste of a space in trying to get a player ready for the next stage. I mean he isn't Eddie Moore levels either.

I've liked Qeshile but he has gone backwards. Much like Janneman Malan and Grant Roelofsen. Maybe expectations were to high to start but he definitely is a good player. Where he stands Vs competitors who knows.

I think they resting Breetzke with all travelling he has done & going to UAE too. Not saying I agree with it but I guess him not playing allows Jean du Plessis to play for the numbers. It's **** like that we have to think about.
Jean dup for the numbers ?

SeamUp

International Coach
Jean dup for the numbers ?
With Breetzke not playing it allows a bench 'white' player a chance and there still is a decent amount of non-white players in the XI

I know.Jean dup got a SA A 100 v.India A and then one for Boland but it is a little surprising he jumped a few as well.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

Exactly ..It can't be great for team morale when somebody is playing ahead of you and you know deep down inside that player isn't good enough to do so, as in not even on the same level ..

I'm sure if a study was conducted on this you'd find a lot of unhappy players in SA cricket , who perhaps are too scared to say anything for fear of being cancelled.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Will probably be :

1.Reeza Hendricks
2.Tony De Zorzi
3.Tristan Stubbs
4.Aiden Markram
5.Kyle Verreynne (WK)
6.Wiaan Mulder
7.Andile Phehlukwayo
8.Bjorn Fortuin
9.Lizaad Williams
10.Nandre Burger
11.Lungi Ngidi
Almost right. The only difference is Jason Smith instead of Lizaad Williams, which does strengthen the batting.