• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Brook's side

International Regular
Brooks side legit thinks that a group of Indian club cricketers sought employment in Cambodia for a few years just so they could rock up against the Philippines 3 years later for a hit.

Btw the ages of their players that beat Singapore

Obviously these young kids migrated to the country as young teenagers with the hope that they would someday represent Cambodia
Why aren't you revealing your source for all of this information about the players' names and ages?

Brook's side

International Regular
According to the Indian embassy there are up to 2,000 Indian people in Cambodia, including, "floating population of small scale sellers of household items from eastern India". So let's say 1,000 Indian people living there.
Welcome to Embassy of India, Phnom Penh, Cambodia (embindpp.gov.in)

That's compared to 100,000 permanent resident expats (so say 1% are Indian).
Cambodia - Why Expats And Tourists Love The Kingdom Of Wonder (internationalliving.com)

And a population of 16,500,000, which can put out a womens' Gaelic football team of which only 2 aren't Khmer.

But @Daemon legit thinks that 9 Indian guys and 2 white guys is a representative Cambodian cricket team.

Brook's side

International Regular
Sea Games: Malaysia unfazed by Cambodia's Indian and Pakistani imports (nst.com.my)

"
Cambodia may boast of players from cricket powerhouses India and Pakistan, but Malaysia won't be intimidated.

Malaysia will meet Cambodia in the men's 50 over final at AZ Group Cricket Oval in Phnom Penh on Sunday.

Cambodia are leaving no stone unturned in their bid to win cricket gold at the Sea Games, even to the extent of looking to the Indian subcontinent.

Cambodia, powered by Indians Sahaj Chadha, Lakshit Gupta and others,
defeated Indonesia with 129 runs to qualify for the final while Malaysia, led by skipper Ahmad Faiz Noor, beat Thailand by seven wickets. Malaysia will also face Cambodia in the T20 final on May 11

Pakistani Luqman Butt, who scored 90 runs and took two wickets against Indonesia, will lead Cambodia in the final.

However, Malaysia's batsman Virandeep Singh said they don't fear the foreign-powered Cambodia team.

."

@Daemon ????

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’ll concede it’s dodgy tho. they brought over so many players and presumably paid them for a few years just to play a few games?

Brook's side

International Regular
I’ll concede it’s dodgy tho. they brought over so many players and presumably paid them for a few years just to play a few games?
Knowing Cambodia, they probably just identified the players and gave them passports a few days before the competition started (whether this complies with the eligibility criteria or not).

Bear in mind that it looks like they thought of getting a cricket venue ready about a week before the matches started!!

But who knows.

Brook's side

International Regular
The whole "people of a certain ethnicity can't be a certain nationality" thing is just so ew
Cambodia actually have unofficial immigration policies against people from India (and that's even for visit visas).

There's several Indian people complained about getting turned back at Cambodia immigration for spurious reasons.

$1000 in cash demand: Airlines acted on request from Immigration - Khmer Times (khmertimeskh.com)

"
Some airlines, including Thai Airways and Singapore Airlines, who insisted on seeing $1000 in cash from Indian travellers to Cambodia, acted on the basis of a ‘verbal request’ from Immigration authorities in Cambodia, highly placed sources told Khmer Times.... The Indian Embassy has also received several complaints from its citizens about the issue. "

It's pretty distasteful tbh, in fact it's completely racist/xenophobic.

Cambodia is notoriously difficult to get nationality, but my guess would be that the number of people from the sub-continent with Cambodian nationality is very small indeed.

It seems though that they put such apparent racism to one side (along probably with the competition rules), when it comes to putting a side together to win a cricket tournament.

Last edited:

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Serious question: why do you think this?
Well, who the heck would spend hours a day posting stuff that you had no interest in.
I mean, I get that he may be some kind of multi account trying to take the piss out of us all, but really find that too deep to fathom.
While it's very understandable his posts aren't everyone's cup of tea to say the least, it's impossible not to see his passion for the game come out.
So yeah if he is yanking our chain then he's certainly fooled the **** out of me and many others no doubt.