• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Shady Slim

International Coach
Yeah it makes me think your brain is made of porridge when you compare prison to being banned from an online cricket forum.
it’s obvious to anyone i’m a dumbass but it’s also obvious to anyone that my post was a joke

on the other hand satire requires a clarity of purpose etc etc

Brook's side

International Regular
I'd say 2 things.

1. 99% of Cambodia people would say that if someone is not Khmer then they are not Cambodian.
2. To officially get Cambodia citizenship, you can do it through:
i) investment of more than $300,000 AND be able to speak Khmer
ii) naturalisation. Which is 7 years or 3 if married to Cambodian person (itself very difficult to do), and being able to speak, read and write in Khmer (and even then you need government permission which is like gold dust).

I would be amazed if all of these guys can read and write in Khmer (and I'm not saying that because they happen to all be of south asian origin, I'd say exactly the same of any non-Khmer).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Very very few foreigners get cambodian citizenship.

I think their team is as big a joke as their ground.

And that's from someone who would love Cambodia to be great at things.

Last edited:

Brook's side

International Regular
Apologies if my comments were offensive. That wasn't the intention.

And I'm in no position to know whether those guys can speak Khmer (I doubt it, but maybe they can), so that particular comment was wrong.

But I'd be very confident (because you just don't see people of south asian background living in Cambodia - literally almost none) that all of those players are in Cambodia specifically because it is an opportunity for them to play international cricket.

And I think that's sad, and actually pointless.

Shady Slim

International Coach
claiming that i know more about something than gotspin is a manifestation of the fact that i made
it to the age of eighteen without electrocuting myself

Athlai

Not Terrible
Such a **** post from Brooks honestly. To be eligible to play associate cricket you either need a passport of the country or to live their 3 years +. Yeah mate most of them are going to speak the language cos they ****ing live amd work there.

Brook's side

International Regular
Such a **** post from Brooks honestly. To be eligible to play associate cricket you either need a passport of the country or to live their 3 years +. Yeah mate most of them are going to speak the language cos they ****ing live amd work there.
It's absolutely laughable to suggest that living somewhere for 3 years means you speak the language.

Most expats in the GCC hardly speak a word of Arabic after 3 years. Same Hong Kong with Cantonese.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think carefully about the difference between the ex-pats who work in those countries vs. those in Cambodia you absolute moron.