• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Well done WA for a great win over NSW this week.

Also congrats to Jo Angel for a great career.:)

Linda

I cant beleive we won :O

It was very appropriate for Jo to bow out like he did, highest wicket taker and whatnot. He's also not going interstate for the rest of the season, which is good of him because he would obviously make the team. I suppose he's making way for the youngsters.

Oh, and Chris Rogers--> future Test Opener ;) What a champ.

At least the WACA made some money out of Steve and Mark, I've never seen so many people at a Pura Cup match :lol:

Eclipse

International Debutant
WA vs TAS game poised for a good run chase tomorow.

Probably wait for North to make his second ton of the match then declare seting tas about 450 to win.

That target is gettable to with the crap WA attack and this belta of a wicket.

Also Watson made another fantastic 139 to back up a fifty in the first inning's he is also having a great year with the bat.

WA's attack is not crap.

Watson is having a great year, yes, but that 139 was in the first innings :P

I wouldn't say they will wait for North; Langer may declare and give WA all day to take the wickets. It's a pretty safe bet.

Mr. P

Eclipse said:
WA vs TAS game poised for a good run chase tomorow.

Probably wait for North to make his second ton of the match then declare seting tas about 450 to win.

That target is gettable to with the crap WA attack and this belta of a wicket.

Also Watson made another fantastic 139 to back up a fifty in the first inning's he is also having a great year with the bat.
Lol! Great guess mate! Furious_ged you've been soundly beaten.

Tassie has already lost a wicket though, cox out early and the score is 29/1

Eclipse

International Debutant
lol I dont know why I said Watson had made a 50 in the first inning's given that 139 was his first innings.

Any way look's like it could be a good chase Tasmania 1/101 at lunch Mason on 52* and Watson 41*

I still think it's going to be very though reqired rate is 5.5 these two will need to bat for almost all of the day probably.

Linda

Tassie are 5/367, and need 7.45 per over to win.
North and Harvey strike again, this time with the ball.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Vics to host final

Victoria will now host the final at the G' (good bye school for a few days) so i have this to say:

OH YEAH OH YEAH ITS YA BIRTHDAY ITS YA BIRTHDAY SWEET!!!!!

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Last time Vics hosted and won the sheild final the Southern Stand was being built so i'm thinking we should just keep the G' under constant construction.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
What really disappoints me about this Pura Cup season is all the hype about South Australia getting Andy Flower, and we haven't seen him do anything spectacular......

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SquidAU said:
What really disappoints me about this Pura Cup season is all the hype about South Australia getting Andy Flower, and we haven't seen him do anything spectacular......
Pretty hard to be spectacular with a broken finger.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Pretty hard to be spectacular with a broken finger.
This is why I hate living in the outback......I get no info! Didn't know that at all......thought he was just playing crap. Should have paid attention to the scoreboards more on Cricinfo

Mr. P

Thought I should raise this thread for discussion on the 3 Pura Cup matches being played at the moment.

Warnes back, South Australias top order is toppling, and everyones making runs in brisbane.:)