• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
Thought I should raise this thread for discussion on the 3 Pura Cup matches being played at the moment.

Warnes back, South Australias top order is toppling, and everyones making runs in brisbane.:)
Sounds like a typical day in the Pura Cup........

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr. Ponting said:
and everyones making runs in brisbane.:)
Except for the man who needs to be.

Love got a shocking decision. Fair enough he was padding up, but he was struck on the thigh pad. But it was great to be there for Stewie Law's last ever first class innings (for Queenlsand anyway). Top notch century from a very classy player. His farewell summer is going alot better than Steve Waugh's!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:

Love got a shocking decision. Fair enough he was padding up, but he was struck on the thigh pad. But it was great to be there for Stewie Law's last ever first class innings (for Queenlsand anyway). Top notch century from a very classy player. His farewell summer is going alot better than Steve Waugh's!
You go to many games mate?

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:

I don't think that they will drop Law for the last game in Sydney!!:D

And if we are lucky he could have another shot at a Pura Cup final.

Mister Wright

mavric41 said:
I don't think that they will drop Law for the last game in Sydney!!:D

And if we are lucky he could have another shot at a Pura Cup final.
Lol...yeah, I meant to say last First Class innings at the 'Gabba. Our only shot at making the final is if we beat N.S.W. outright and Tassie lose their last two games. Fingers crossed.

Mister Wright

Mr. Ponting said:
You go to many games mate?
I go to as many games as I can get to. The only games I have missed this season were Victoria (Pura Cup/ING), N.S.W. (Pura Cup) & I only went to 2 hours of the record breaking ING game against W.A. I went to all other games including all five days of the rain marred test & the two ODI games.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Good to see young Manou making some run's 110* 19x4 2x6 117 balls.

IMO he is one of the best glovman in Australia and if he could start playing to his potential as a batsman (despite his low avrages he is extreamly talented) he could go places with his cricket carear.

For those that have watched him it's just crimanal that his batting stats are so bad considering the talent he has or though this season has been better for him.

Maybe he should open for SA more often this is his first time and it looks like a good move.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Eclipse said:
Good to see young Manou making some run's 110* 19x4 2x6 117 balls.

IMO he is one of the best glovman in Australia and if he could start playing to his potential as a batsman (despite his low avrages he is extreamly talented) he could go places with his cricket carear.

For those that have watched him it's just crimanal that his batting stats are so bad considering the talent he has or though this season has been better for him.

Maybe he should open for SA more often this is his first time and it looks like a good move.
I agree. He is definately a better keeper than Haddin and when he gets it all right a better batsman. I saw him make a quick-fire 50 against Queensland up here in a Pura Cup Game late last year, and he batted very well against spin and he has obvious ability against the quicks too. I, for one, am a fan of Manou.

Eclipse

International Debutant
He seem's to me to be a very poor starter or though he has been a little better this year.

Once he get's setteld he really has the bowlers at his mercy I mean he has a lovely range of shots especialy off the backfoot. He has in the past had what I can only describe as an Afridi like ability to throw his innings away stupidly. He is improving and being a bit more selective these days but you would think thats an area he would still need to work on.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Manou has always looked good, just gets out stupidly when batting. Hopefully this time, he has steered South Australia to a win....it will be an exciting match tomorrow and I can't even see it on TV or even go to the match. Stupid me for living in a desert town!

Andre

International Regular
Provided Boof doesn't get out, SA are home and hosed.

I've been at the last 2 days play, and Lehmann looked spectacular yesterday - bring on Sri Lanka!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, Lehman did get out. Caught at fourth slip by Mail off MacGills bowling. He got 237 of 238 balls. Miller and Davison fell shortly after.

South Australia require another 64 runs with 3 wickets in hand. Higgs is on 18 and Clearly is on 6.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
NSW win by 25 runs. Good chase by SA though.

Interesting round of matches next to see who can grab second spot and a place in the final.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Dammit! SA lost......was hoping for a win there!

Well, at least Lehmann's 237 was saying to the selectors "I'm BAAAACCCKK!":D

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
don't stop now, with so many matches on this week, what ISN'T there to talk about!?!

ill start off.

WOW! What an innings by Dighton!

Carry on...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
North has continued his good form, making 130 not out vs SA, should be an interesting match as SA are without Lehmann and Blewy.

Dighton batted well to save Tassie, 2 early wickets have the Vics in trouble but Hodge is rebuilding right now.

QLD were saved by Bichel (112) and Nye (102), McGrath has 23 overs 1/43, Nicholson 2/100, Bracken 24 overs 3/56, tucker 1/105 and Clarke 1/47. another interesting match developing...