• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
you watch mr. wright......next game he'll make a start, ie a 25-35 then the game after that a big century. you watch....:) :)

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
A dominating win today by Queensland over South Australia highlighted by great bowling from Kasprowicz and Nofke and special mention of first first class centuries by Ashley Nofke and young wicket keeper Chris Hartley who became the first player since Matthew Hayden to score a century in his first innings in first class cricket. Apparently he also took some great catches in the second innings. I wonder if Kaspa and Nofke have done enough to get called into the squad for the 3rd test?

In other matches - NSW have a lead of about 140 over Tassie. Michael Bevan scored 216. Tassie 2/105 at stumps.

On the road they call the Waca, Victoria are 3/550 with Elliot 182, Moss 149* and Hussey 121* the major run scorers. What the hell happened to WA?

Mr. P

Well done by the Vics yesterday, great performance, but what i took most notice of was Noffkes innings. Brilliant! The guys had a match to remember, and perhaps the selecters will remember it too, if Noffke is lucky.:)

Eclipse

International Debutant
Good to see Watson in the run's again.

115* 21x4

Second ton of the season and he has made run's in almost every match he has played this year. still far to many 30's 40's but not many failures.

Linda

mavric41 said:
What the hell happened to WA?
Our Pura Cup season went down the toilet when we didnt force a win over the Tigers. I went yesterday and I can still see the pain on poor Hoggys face when he made a feeble little clap to cheer his team on when the Vics total reached 550...

Meanwhile, I didnt see Noffke's or the New guys centurys (whats his name... hartley or something?), but I would have liked to!! Thats fantastic!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
New South Wales require another 17 runs with 8 wickets and 12 balls remaining

Pilon gets NSW closer with a 6 and a 4 off doherty...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol, 17 off 11 needed after bevan gets out and steve waugh sends katich in instead of going in himself...

katich 3 2's off 4 balls so far, missed one down leg side

10 needed off the last over, doherty to bowl.....

need 5 off 2

3 off the last ball required, Katich on strike

only gets 2 :( match drawn

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Current standings after 5 games

Queensland back in contention after taking 12 points against S.A.

Victoria will surely go ahead to 22 points but will have played more games.

Western Australia, while not out of contention will have to rely on alot of draws and winning all their games outright.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
2nd game in a row that Tassie have drawn with the scores tied. Once chasing runs, the other defending. All evens out in the end...
Must be a first, surely?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Must be a first, surely?
I personally don't know if it is, but it would have to be up there...The ironic thing is I played a game against N.S.W. and Tassie on A.B.'s cricket once and the same thing happened, drawn game with scores tied.

Mr. P

Official Pura Cup thread raised once more.

Discuss recent results here. And future ones. Yeah.:)

Mr. P

Warne is god said:
I have 4 words: GO YOU MIGHTY VICS!!!
It was awesome, yeah. I think im starting to agree with STEVE that Dave Hussey has about as much chance for national selection as his brother. yeah.