• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personal Cricket Statutes

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rik said:
Rik happens to understand the history of the Ashes but does not understand why England have to be the only team to play 5 match Test Series against the strongest team in the world every 2 years, something which not only ****s up every chance of a fair Test Championship, but also something I see quite pointless. Why not just cut it down to 3 Tests like everyone else?

YESSSSSSSS!!! Finally someone who agrees with me!!!!

If England go for five tests, then everyone else should, it really is that simple

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Rik said:
1) Steven Harmison is only in the team because he bowls fast and he takes wickets against weak sides
3) Ricky Ponting has turned his life around ever since he got over his drinking problem and could quite easily be a great
5) Lara's 375 was scored against a stronger side, so morally it's still the record in my books
6) Mark Butcher is one of the most under-rated batsmen in world cricket
7) Pollock is better than McGrath
9) Damien Martyn doesn't deserve all the flack he gets
10) Murali's action is legal
12) Aravinda was a little master
13) It's good to have Thorpey back
14) Ed Smith should get another go
15) Gilchrist isn't the best keeper-batsman to play the game, Andy Flower is
16) Jimmy Anderson could be a fantastic bowler for England
19) Martin Love should be able to bat anywhere in the Australian line-up, he scored 300 not that long ago too so why doesn't he deserve a chance?
22) Rikki Clarke is another England player getting a free-ride in the side
24) Mark Butcher should be captain
30) Australia will continue to be a strong side, but I feel England (even with their passengers) will win the ashes at least once in the next 10 years
ok
1/ agree
3/ he also got married
5/ its not the official record though, haydens is and thats the one that counts
6/ definatley agree there
7/ lol, no
9/ maybe not but i still dont think he should be in the side
10/ it has been declared legal by the governing body and thats what counts.
12/ definatley
13/ yeah hes a pretty good player
14/ yeah england need him
15/ umm, no, as much as i like andy flower gilchrist is better
16/ i am quite confident he will be
19/ yeah i agree, he could quite easily replace martyn (though Hussey has made 3 in ther last 3 years and is a better OD batsman so maybe he should be in the side
22/ yep
24/ never seen him captain, but he may well do a good job
30/ it would be in the latter end of that 10 years

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the ashes will not become 3 tests in the near future cause england cant beat australia in the first 3 tests, they need a chance to win the odd test;)

although i think that 2 3 test series is better cause a) there is one more test and b) the tasmanians get one of them

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
YESSSSSSSS!!! Finally someone who agrees with me!!!!

If England go for five tests, then everyone else should, it really is that simple
Well you're not a proper Englishman either, see the link here? ;)

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
1. Australia will remain at the top of the tree for at least the next 5 years.
2. However the gap between them and the rest will close a lot.
3. The Ashes series will get close again the series after next but Australia will still win.
4. Jimmy Anderson will be a star but patience will be required.
5. Brian Lara is still the best batsman in the world.
6. Waqar Younis doesn't get the raps that he should. He was better than Akram but Akram seems to get more plaudits.
7. In its prime Pakistan had the worlds best all round bowling attack. Akram, Waqar, Saqlain, Mushtaq, Razzaq.
8. Jason Gillespie will be regarded as one of the greats once he's retired.
9. Martin Love deserves a spot in the Australia test team once SRW retires and he should bat at 4. (Martyn at 5)
10. Michael Clarke will get his go the next Australian summer.
11. Neither Warne or MacGill are not as good as what they were 3 years ago.
12. Nathan Hauritz will have to leave Queensland to become a test quality bowler.
13. Queensland have too many top quality fast bowlers. Bichel, Kasprowicz, Noffke, Dawes, Brant, Mackenzie, Jurgensen,Johnson.
14. South Africa will always be the chokers of world cricket.
15. Shaun Pollock is over rated.
16. The West Indies will be the side that improves the most over the next 2 years.
17. Kenya should have been given a go at test cricket before Bangladesh.
18. Bangladesh will win a test in the next 2 years.
19. India would be up there challenging Australia without Ganguly as captain.
20. New Zealand have the greatest ability to play above their weight.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Rik said:
1) Steven Harmison is only in the team because he bowls fast and he takes wickets against weak sides
2) Brett Lee is stupidly over-rated in Tests
3) Ricky Ponting has turned his life around ever since he got over his drinking problem and could quite easily be a great
4) Michael Clarke might be a good player, but to go on and on and on about someone who is at the beginning of their career will only make people laugh at you
5) Lara's 375 was scored against a stronger side, so morally it's still the record in my books
6) Mark Butcher is one of the most under-rated batsmen in world cricket
7) Pollock is better than McGrath
8) Gillespie isn't better than McGrath
9) Damien Martyn doesn't deserve all the flack he gets
10) Murali's action is legal
11) Murali is the best bowler in the world and will end up as the greatest bowler to ever grace the game
12) Aravinda was a little master
13) It's good to have Thorpey back
14) Ed Smith should get another go
15) Gilchrist isn't the best keeper-batsman to play the game, Andy Flower is
16) Jimmy Anderson could be a fantastic bowler for England
17) Ashley Giles can't be the best spinner in England, since Tuffers is still alive! :D
18) WHY THE HELL IS LINDA BARKER ALLWAYS ON CURRYS TV ADVERTS WHEN SHE'S A FURNATURE DESIGNER???
19) Martin Love should be able to bat anywhere in the Australian line-up, he scored 300 not that long ago too so why doesn't he deserve a chance?
20) Micheal Clarke and Simon Katich are NOT all-rounders
21) Neither is Rikki
22) Rikki Clarke is another England player getting a free-ride in the side
23) Michael Vaughan is a crap captain
24) Mark Butcher should be captain
25) Michael Vaughan will eventually retire from ODIs still averaging under 30
26) Flintoff should never be asked to bowl in Tests, 50 runs a wicket is the reason why we usually draw or loose a Test
27) He is a rather good ODI player though
28) Martin Saggers and Richard Johnson should be picked instead of SH and Anderson
29) James Kirtley is a fine Test bowler and unlucky to be dropped after winning England the game on his Test Debut against SA and averaging 19.92 in 2 Tests
30) Australia will continue to be a strong side, but I feel England (even with their passengers) will win the ashes at least once in the next 10 years
31) I don't think England should play Australia more than any other nation and especially not play them in 5 Tests every time. If you want a world Test championship to work, then this has to go
32) Heath Streak's a bloody hero
Dam! you would be supprised just how many of them I actualy agree with probably about 70% lol.

And I dont think you can call Brett Lee overated in test's because smart people just dont rate him at all anyway.

figures are starting to prove just how inefective he has been over the last 2 years.

deeps

International 12th Man
1) andrew symonds is the 3rd most rubbish bowler in the world (behind khaled mahmud and steve harmison)
2) Damien Martyn has a very poor temperament...He has class and is good to watch,but cracks under pressure most of the time (not all the time)
3) Ricky Ponting is a fag
4) Steve Waugh and Michael Clarke are brilliant
5) Matthew Hayden isn't a great ODI player
6) Adam Gilchrist is a champion..Great sportsman,brilliant batsman and brilliant keeper
7) Steven Flemings batting is over-rated
8) Australia will not be as succseful without Steve Waugh
9) Andrew symonds is NOT a good enough batsman to hold down the crucial no5 position...Number 6 maybe,but no5 is a very important position
10) Apart from a good world cup,andrew symonds has looked terrible with the bat... Before and After the world cup
11) NSW (at full strength) could take on AND beat almost any international side in the world
12) Rahul Dravid is SEVERELY under-rated
13) Ajit Agarkar is too unpredictable to warrant a test match spot
14) Murali Kartik is a better bowler than both Harbajan and Kumble at the moment
15) Michael Slater was brilliant...but now he's gone...
16) Ashley Noffke is crap
17) Bracken will be brilliant
18) Hogg is a severely under-rated all rounder

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
3) Ricky Ponting is a fag
5) Matthew Hayden isn't a great ODI player
6) Adam Gilchrist is a champion..Great sportsman,brilliant batsman and brilliant keeper
8) Australia will not be as succseful without Steve Waugh
9) Andrew symonds is NOT a good enough batsman to hold down the crucial no5 position...Number 6 maybe,but no5 is a very important position
12) Rahul Dravid is SEVERELY under-rated
15) Michael Slater was brilliant...but now he's gone...
16) Ashley Noffke is crap
17) Bracken will be brilliant
18) Hogg is a severely under-rated all rounder
3) umm no
4) yep
5) maybe not but hes still a damn good one
6)agree on the batting and sportsman, good but not great keeper
8) time will tell, short term i dont think it will make that much difference
9) yep
12) haha maybe but his keeping certainly cant be
15) yep, should not have been dropped
16) umm no
17) maybe, but hes not brilliant now, especially not in 4 dayers
18) hes in the aussie ODI squad, he cant be that underrated

I don't think there's anything wrong with Gilchrist's keeping. He has made errors a rarity and I have seen him take some absolute screamer catches. He's in the classic catches half the time!
He's agile enough to be a keeper, noone can doubt that.

deeps said:
You freakin' legend.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
1) Stephen Fleming is the best captain/leader in world cricket.
2) Matt Hayden is copping far more crap than he deserves because he scored 380. He deserves that record as much as Brian Lara deserved it and as much as Andy Sandham deserved it.
3) Seeing Glenn McGrath get smacked around in a one dayer is just the best comedy.
4) There are few more beautiful sights than Brian Lara cutting loose.
5) Statistically, Sir Donald Bradman is the greatest sportsman in recorded history.
6) I was around in the awful early eighties, and I reserve the right to wallow in the domination of the Australian cricket team.
7) But for all it's brilliance, it still isn't as intimidating as Clive Lloyd's West Indians were. Man.. They were awesome.
8) Shane Warne's suspension was lenient.
9) Arjuna Ranatunga will never get the credit he deserves.
10) I'll never forget the look on Mike Gatting's face after Warne bowled him in 1993.
11) Freddy Flintoff is an average all rounder trying to fill a large hole that has been there in the English team since Ian Botham retired.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
1) Stephen Fleming needs to score more than one great innings per form of the game per year
2) Chris Cairns needs to relearn how to bowl (please!)
3) Shane Bond should contact Steve Austins doctor and have a bionic spine implanted
4)For being a ****-poor test nation who took 26 years to win a match, NZ aren't doing too badly for themselves now
5) Chris Harris must retire, nobody wants to see him dropped and he's no longer floating anybodies boat
6) NZ cricketers should take it easier in the future (Geoff Allot, Dion Nash, Vetorri (a while ago), Astle, Cairns, Bond
7) Darryl Tuffey should bowl with an impeccable line and length like he did last season (wickets in first over anybody..)
8) Employ Packer or Murdoch to run a cricketing Super 12 in order for NZ to get goodish at ODI cricket
9) Dare somebody to take diaretics and see what the punishment is
10) Develop both the French cut and the Andre Adams bounce twice delivery
11) Stop every single 2 test series from ever going ahead
12) Just copy what the Australians do, if it works it works
13) If the Black Caps ever win the cricket world cup, not even half the people will turn up for a homecoming that turned up for The Lord Of The Rings premier tonight in Wellington, NZ, Directed by Peter Jackson (NZ)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
deeps said:
10) Apart from a good world cup,andrew symonds has looked terrible with the bat... Before and After the world cup
Have we been watching the same player???

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
furious_ged said:
Well if Ricky Ponting is a fag then hell, I wanna be a fag! :D
ooooooookaaaaaaayyyyy....

I didn't know ***ual preference had any affect on your ability in sport...