• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personal Cricket Statutes

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Don't you mean Age Master cannot accept that there are players out there who are as good as, if not better, than some Australians?

hehe yeah well there are, they just aren't English - they are west indian, Sri Lankan, South african, kiwi's, tendulkar or Inzamam:duh:

Eclipse

International Debutant
1) Hayden is an overated One day batsman
2) Just when England look to be going somewere the selectors will stuff them up.
3) Vaughan cant play One day cricket Flintoff can.
4) Brett Lee is overated but will oneday forfill his potential because only a total moron could fail as bad as he does in test cricket with his amount of talent.
5) Ponting will break AB/SRW's record for most test runs for Australia and Mark Waugh's record for most ODI runs.
6) Hussain is the bigest winger I have ever seen.
7) Hayden and Langer are having an affair.
8) Gilchrist's avarge is inflated by the quality of batsman ahead of him not by droped catches.
9) Jason Gillespie would be the world best fast bowler by a mile if he never got injured.
10) Pollock is inifective against very high class batsman on flat pitches.
11) I dont like Martin Love
12) West Indies are an enigma but I always like watching them.
13) England wont win the ashes for at least anothet 10 year and they will never consistantly beat Australia.
14) England will never have a god legspin bowler.
15) Indian supporters can be the best and worst supporters in the world all in the space of 1 game.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Eclipse said:
7) Hayden and Langer are having an affair.
:lol: :lol:

LOL mate so true do you get the inside edge? I swear, they must have had at least 3 or 4 articles about how great 'friends' these guys are. I get sick of it.:P

1) Michael Clarke is the greatest, regardless of his performances.
2) His performances are great, anyway.
3) Simon Katich is not a natural international player.
4) Neither is Martin Love.
5) Hayden and Langer are still better to watch than most openers Australia have had in years. Elliot, Taylor, Slater, Blewett...
6) I don't care about Adam Gilchrist's average, it's not important. If you spent more time watching his performances than punching buttons on a calculator you would see this man deserves whatever average he gets.
7) I don't rate Jason Gillespie all that much, even less at ODI level.
8) Bow to the Western Warriors.

Slats4ever

What a top post!!

1) Jason Gillespie is the worlds' best pace bowler.
2) Jimmy Anderson deserves all the attention he gets, he's very good.
3) If Justin Langer and Hayden could produce babies, would their kids be any good at opening?
4) New Zealand are the second best test nation in the world.
5) Adam Gilchrist is the best player in the world. Brian Lara is second best.
6) Cricket is a left handers game.
7) Helmets should be outlawed from the game.
8) So should the third umpire... bring back some controversy.
9) Justin Langer should be dropped for Slater.
10) Australia should play a world XI every year whilst they're dominating like this.
11) Cricket must never move to Stadium Australia.
12) Glenn McGrath must be given a chance at 10.
13) Captains should be more fun and give players like Hayden a bowl. A law could be introduced saying that each team member must bowl at least 1 over.
14) Jacques Kallis, Sean Pollock, Brian Lara, Shane Bond, Wasim Akram, Michael Vaughan and Sachin are the only players who would make the Australian side.
15) Murali shouldn't be playing.
16) Domestic cricket should broaden its' horizons and a comp should exist between SA, Aus and NZ.
17) Shane Watson shuldn't be playing international cricket yet, whilst Symonds should be in the test side for Martyn.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nice list, Slats.

Only prodlem is, where will Australia ever find a worse batsman than Glenn McGrath?

Linda

Re: What a top post!!

Slats4ever said:
10) Australia should play a world XI every year whilst they're dominating like this.
11) Cricket must never move to Stadium Australia.
12) Glenn McGrath must be given a chance at 10.
13) Captains should be more fun and give players like Hayden a bowl. A law could be introduced saying that each team member must bowl at least 1 over.
15) Murali shouldn't be playing.
I agree with these all so much... but cant get over your number 17. :( It sickens me.:!(

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1) Bradman is overated.
2) Bodyline was genius.
3) Hayden is NOT a flat-track bully, but rather a fine batsman.
4) Gilchrist is lucky he can bat because he is not that good of a keeper.
5) West Indies should always get 5 tests in Australia.
6) It is possible to have a test championship.
7) Warne was taking steriods and he did speak into the microphone when Muller was fielding.
8) Gillespie is the best bowler in world cricket.
9) Murali is a chucker.
10) The 'Gabba should be the home of cricket.
11) Martin Love should be in the test team.

PY

International Coach
Was quite impressed with the first seven.......then went swiftly downhill after that. 8) and 10) are both drivel and 10) especially so. I remind you of the origin of cricket and most of Australia's heritage.

<cough>convicts<cough> :P:P ;);) :D:D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
iamdavid said:
12)Marvan Atapattu , Mark Butcher & Simon Katich are the 3 most watchable batsman in the world today.
Having only seen Atapattu grind out an increadibly dull double ton in Sri Lanka and not have an amazing time over here, as well as Katich only scoring 15 in his only Test in England, I cannot say too much about those 2. But Butcher is an interisting one, certainly I would agree he is a very watchable batsman and his driving and cutting particularly.

Mr. P

Mister Wright said:
1) Bradman is overated.
2) Bodyline was genius.
3) Hayden is NOT a flat-track bully, but rather a fine batsman.
4) Gilchrist is lucky he can bat because he is not that good of a keeper.
5) West Indies should always get 5 tests in Australia.
6) It is possible to have a test championship.
7) Warne was taking steriods and he did speak into the microphone when Muller was fielding.
8) Gillespie is the best bowler in world cricket.
9) Murali is a chucker.
10) The 'Gabba should be the home of cricket.
11) Martin Love should be in the test team.
1) Maybe he was, maybe he wasnt, but you never saw him, so you can't say anything. (Although everybody who did see him thought he was anything BUT overated)
2) I disagree, it was rather a pathetic lowlife way of winning a test series.
3) Yep very true
4) Couldn't agree more
5) Whatever
6) Indeed it is possible, but it most certainly would be a crappy one.
7) OK mate but I'd like to know what your source is?
8) Actually i agree. Who better?
9) Yes he is and this also justifies what you said in No. 8.
10) Id rather not dignify that with an answer
11) I have to say he has a very good chance for this to happen very soon.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
1) Steven Harmison is only in the team because he bowls fast and he takes wickets against weak sides
2) Brett Lee is stupidly over-rated in Tests
3) Ricky Ponting has turned his life around ever since he got over his drinking problem and could quite easily be a great
4) Michael Clarke might be a good player, but to go on and on and on about someone who is at the beginning of their career will only make people laugh at you
5) Lara's 375 was scored against a stronger side, so morally it's still the record in my books
6) Mark Butcher is one of the most under-rated batsmen in world cricket
7) Pollock is better than McGrath
8) Gillespie isn't better than McGrath
9) Damien Martyn doesn't deserve all the flack he gets
10) Murali's action is legal
11) Murali is the best bowler in the world and will end up as the greatest bowler to ever grace the game
12) Aravinda was a little master
13) It's good to have Thorpey back
14) Ed Smith should get another go
15) Gilchrist isn't the best keeper-batsman to play the game, Andy Flower is
16) Jimmy Anderson could be a fantastic bowler for England
17) Ashley Giles can't be the best spinner in England, since Tuffers is still alive! :D
18) WHY THE HELL IS LINDA BARKER ALLWAYS ON CURRYS TV ADVERTS WHEN SHE'S A FURNATURE DESIGNER???
19) Martin Love should be able to bat anywhere in the Australian line-up, he scored 300 not that long ago too so why doesn't he deserve a chance?
20) Micheal Clarke and Simon Katich are NOT all-rounders
21) Neither is Rikki
22) Rikki Clarke is another England player getting a free-ride in the side
23) Michael Vaughan is a crap captain
24) Mark Butcher should be captain
25) Michael Vaughan will eventually retire from ODIs still averaging under 30
26) Flintoff should never be asked to bowl in Tests, 50 runs a wicket is the reason why we usually draw or loose a Test
27) He is a rather good ODI player though
28) Martin Saggers and Richard Johnson should be picked instead of SH and Anderson
29) James Kirtley is a fine Test bowler and unlucky to be dropped after winning England the game on his Test Debut against SA and averaging 19.92 in 2 Tests
30) Australia will continue to be a strong side, but I feel England (even with their passengers) will win the ashes at least once in the next 10 years
31) I don't think England should play Australia more than any other nation and especially not play them in 5 Tests every time. If you want a world Test championship to work, then this has to go
32) Heath Streak's a bloody hero