• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personal Cricket Statutes

open365

International Vice-Captain
^did you see him against hampshire last game of the season?

did you see how straight he kept the seam?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
iamdavid said:
1) I rate Michael Slater higher than Langer or Hayden
2)The West Indies have the 3rd best batting lineup in the game , after AUS & IND
3)England will never regain the Ashes (at least not in the next 20 years)
4)Jason Gillespie will one day be ranked alongside MM & DL as the greatest paceman ever to play.
5) Sachin Tendulkar is not 2nd to the Don , Sobers , Hutton , Sutcliffe & Pollock were all better.
6)accuracy is the single most important quality for any bowler , without it , you're rubbish.
7) The whole 'sledging' thing is over done.
8) The current Australians are IMO not one of the best 3 teams of all time.
9)Stuart MacGill should be playing Sydney 7th grade.
10) Brian Lara is quite possibly the 2nd most talented player ever to grace the game , despite his record I still dont feel he has realised his full potential.
12)Marvan Atapattu , Mark Butcher & Simon Katich are the 3 most watchable batsman in the world today.
13)Stephen Harmison - see MacGill
14)Martin Saggers is incredibly under-rated.
15)Blewett , Hodge , Hussey , Angel , Elliott , Law , Love , Clark , Inness , Cox , Marsh , Katich , Haddin , Seccombe , Berry , Noffke , Maher , Reiffell , Fleming , etc
would all have played 100 tests had they been born in any other country.
16) Balaji is quite possibly the worst bowler ever to play international cricket.
Wahey!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
Gayle has proven himself very well since then though I would pick Sehwag over him. So good statute there.
He averages 32podd in ODIs. Gayle averages almost 39.

Pratyush said:
Not really by the way his career has gone till now.
He hardly got the opportunities of MacGill though, didn't he? People complain about the neglect of MacGill, but what about the neglect of Ramnarine? At least MacGill had a world-class bowler standing in his way.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pratyush said:
You pointed it out before his super run started. Kudos.
A super run that ended over a year ago.

53 wickets in his last 16 Tests. Average of 36.05 and economy of 3.55. Take out his 10 wickets against Bangladesh, and he has 43 @ 39.76 in 14 Tests. Super.

Still not proven.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Chubb said:
1. On no account must anyone ever question the ability of Ray Price, with bat or ball.
2. Ray Price is in the top five of cricketers ever produced by Zimbabwe
3. Andy Flower is one of the ten greatest batsmen in the history of the game
4. Hamilton Masakadza will one day be the best black player ever to play for Zimbabwe
5. Shane Bond and Dan Vettori are two of the top five bowlers ever produced by NZ
6. Bangladesh will be a major force in twenty years time
7. Cricket in Zimbabwe is not finished yet
8. Alastair Cook will end up with a test average over 45.
9. Essex will come again
10. Danish Kaneria will be one of the best legspinners in history in a few years.
11. Derbyshire will be promoted in the Totesport next year, and will win over five CC matches.
12. If Prince EWS and I were put in charge of Zimbabwean cricket, with full powers to appoint, contract, alter the FC game, select and drop, results would immediately improve, basically I could run Zimbabwean cricket better than the present lot.
He'll be good no doubt, but I don't think he'll be great. I just can't see him being a consistent thorn to good sides outside the sub-continent.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Sabina Park still hurts that much? Ouch...
I'm more interested in the bowler he's become since the Sabina Park debacle. It's fascinating really. Class act.

twctopcat

International Regular
This thread should be renamed " Let's make ridiculously outlandish statements against the status quo to try and seem clever and different". 8-) .

Neil Pickup

Looking back you see how daft youth is. Good thing I never said anything stupid...

*Wanders off into the distance, whistling, and plans to delete all references to David Fulton*

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
1. Steve Waugh is the most inspiratonal cricketer to grace the cricket field
2. Shane Warne is arguably the best thing that has happened to cricket
3. Tendulkar is no where near to Lara
4. Murali should not be allowed to play cricket
5. Out of the 4 major openers australia have had in the last 10 years Taylor, Slater, Langer, Hayden Slater is not only the best he's the most exciting to watch
6. Brad Hogg & Heath streak are 2 of the most underrated cricketers that have played cricket in my time
7. I reckon Freddie when he retires will better Ian Botham
8. Goeff allot is the most wasted talent, if he wasn't injured he would have been a top bowler.
9. Mark Waugh has to the best fielder i've ever seen
10. If blokes like Bevan, Law, Macgill, Blewett, Cox, Seccombe & Mike Hussey the most are the unlucky not have played 100 test
11. Dont care what anyone says not even Vaughan is the most elegant batsman i've ever seen not even Tendulkar at his best looks better than Vaughan in top form

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
He averages 32podd in ODIs. Gayle averages almost 39.
The strike rate, the perception. I would chose Sehwag over Gayle and you can Gayle over Sehwag. Its a matter of opinion.

He hardly got the opportunities of MacGill though, didn't he? People complain about the neglect of MacGill, but what about the neglect of Ramnarine? At least MacGill had a world-class bowler standing in his way.
If he was so good he would have got the opportunities I imagine.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
11. Dont care what anyone says not even Vaughan is the most elegant batsman i've ever seen not even Tendulkar at his best looks better than Vaughan in top form
I've reported this part of your post for moderators. You should wash your mouth out with soap. This is a terrible thing to say. :@

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

53 wickets in his last 16 Tests. Average of 36.05 and economy of 3.55. Take out his 10 wickets against Bangladesh, and he has 43 @ 39.76 in 14 Tests. Super.

Still not proven.
Well pointed out. So will have to wait till the English tours of Pakistan and India at least. Or maybe even a bit later.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
1) Md. Azharuddin could place the ball wherever he wanted. His wrists could make the ball penetrate any field.

2) Ian Bishop was a rare talent. He would have been regarded as a much better player had his career not been shortened.

3) Stuart Law was a very good player and I always wonder how many test runs he could have scored.

4) A bowler friendly pitch is much better than a batsman friendly pitch.

5) The India-Pakistan encounters in the Sahara Cup in Canada produced some of the best one day encounters.

6) We will never know how Ben Hollioake's career would have panned out.

7) The BCCI should be dissolved. What is happening in India right now is a joke.

8) Saurav Ganguly should have retired from tests after India's success in Pakistan and concentrated on one dayers.

9) Tendulkar has his best years left. It will be a huge tragedy if the tennis elbow denies the maestro his due.

10) Hansie Cronje was a sportsman as well as a competitor having a very good cricketing mind. Cricket will not remember him in that vein though - sad always to know this fact.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Still not proven.
What exactly is 'still not proven'?

And yea Pratyush, lets just ignore everyone til they've got 500 Test wickets eh.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
1) Dave Mohammed is as close to being god as you can get without being Jamie Lyon
2) Simon Marshall is gonna be the man
3) People still moaning about Murali really need to move on and think of something new and interesting to talk about
4) James Anderson will be back to take 250+ test wickets
5) Hoggard is just an inbred Yorkie
6) Bangladesh will be winning a third of their test series' within 7 years
7) The Australian selectors made the wrong move in dropping Martyn
8) Hayden was always overrated.
9) Bell will captain England and average 40 in his test career
10) There is no less talent in the West Indies as there was 20 years ago.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scaly piscine said:
What exactly is 'still not proven'?

And yea Pratyush, lets just ignore everyone til they've got 500 Test wickets eh.
We arent exactly ignoring him or discrediting him. But there is still some time for Harmison as pointed out by Liam.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I've reported this part of your post for moderators. You should wash your mouth out with soap. This is a terrible thing to say. :@
I'm sure I would agree if I could make out whether he was saying Vaughan > Tendulkar or Tendulkar > Vaughan. :wacko: