• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Horrible start for Australia

Run out was amateurish and a tail ender would be embarrassed by Perry’s shot

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can tell this isn't a home men's test for India. There's some greenery on the cut surface.

Spark

Global Moderator
That looks an awful decision to me

EDIT: There we go. No way you could give that out without straight up guessing at the amount of turn

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless things change quickly, looks like Aus will be getting a similar thrashing to the one England got.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
That run out was horrendous. Bizarre as Mooney is so usually calm and has such good clarity of mind at the crease

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

This makes me feel a little better about the thrashing England got last week. India on top but game turning quickly.

Two lbws in quick succession make it close.

flibbertyjibber

I know it's still a small sample size, but Gardner seems to be a gun spinner in tests.
Like I said last week, there really needs to be more women's tests. Been fascinating to watch, enjoyed both games more than any ODI or T20 and we were mullered last week but it was good to see a team play as well as India did.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's still a small sample size, but Gardner seems to be a gun spinner in tests.
I think there's also an element of batting in the women's game not being very good against spin. It's the same in all formats.

This pitch is changing now and offering a lot more, Harmanpreet got a good ball and a tough call from the umpire (clearly not a homer). Aus missed their chance when batting in the best conditions on Day 1.

flibbertyjibber

Yes you wonder if Australia will even get 150 in the 2nd innings if they got rolled over cheaply on day 1 when it was much easier. 100 run lead for India could be enough.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes you wonder if Australia will even get 150 in the 2nd innings if they got rolled over cheaply on day 1 when it was much easier. 100 run lead for India could be enough.
All credit to India but this is the worst I have ever seen Australia play with Perry being especially dreadful in all facets

flibbertyjibber

All credit to India but this is the worst I have ever seen Australia play with Perry being especially dreadful in all facets
I was thinking the same last week about England. More matches needed. The conditions as well as the format are alien to the players.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this Australia team is changing massively at the moment. Lanning, Haynes and Schutt gone, Healy and Perry seemingly past their best. So much seems to depend on McGrath and Gardner. I'm sure Lichfield will be a gun, but there's definitely an element of transition at this time.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbf Perry really shouldn't be needed with the ball. And she got a good nut from Vasdrekar early on so I certainly don't think she's a fading force or anything. It happens

With the ball she's certainly not what she was. But will need more evidence that there's a decline with the willow

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
This partnership has probably decided it. With a lead of 55 and 7 down it was still anyone's game. It's not now.

Deepti is such an annoying little nuggety cricketer. Horrible to play against, but you'd love to have her on your team.