• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

CartyDurham

International Captain
Sounds reasonable to me but fear you will both want to be on England @Adders

Perhaps top run-scorer or top wicket taker may be the way to go.
I’ll go Crawley for England top scorer and Woakes top wicket taker for England

I’ll go 2-1 to England series

as a tie breaker. The highest individual score will be 145

Last edited:

ma1978

International Debutant
A well-written article by Michael Atherton. He took the trip from Georgetown to Berbice and his words about his journey feels so close to me because I know most of the places he's talking about.

-this is not true, it separates West Berbice from East Berbice; Region 5 from 6. We are still in Berbice, Athers.

"As for so many, the town of New Amsterdam called, and it was here, around 17 years old, where his formal cricketing education began at Tucber Park Cricket Club under the watchful eye of Julian Moore, the club coach."
- I attended high school in New Amsterdam for six years, where Julian Moore, who was a few years my senior, also studied. Notably, his father, Carl Moore, was the coach of the Guyana Senior team at the time.

"A local businessman, Damion Vantull, supported him and he was on his way. “Everything happened in a flash and it changed my life,” Joseph tells me."
-Damien and I were part of our school's cricket team.

Berbice, the Ancient County, as its called, prides itself in a strong cricket culture. Gudakesh Motie, Kevin Sinclair, and Shamar are the Berbicians in the current West Indies squad.
Great article. Atherton is fantastic writer and his wife is of course from a prominent Guyana family. Wrote this great article which inspired me to take a vacation there an age ago

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they were going to do this with Anderson, they should have promised him the final test of the summer, and then just picked him ad hoc as needed prior to that. Make no sense to do it this way. Unsatisfactory.
I'm kind of surprised they didn't manage him out that way too, or give him a shot at finishing up on 200 tests over the next few months

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Hello Test Cricket once again!

The Anderson thing is a bit silly, I get he's a bed blocker for young bowlers, I would have thought the whole summer would have been better as mentioned above.

I've never seen Smith keep, hope he's a level up from YJB as a minimum, we know Foakes is the best gloveman. Durham's Robinson must feel a bit hard done by.

Having said that about Jimmy, this England side does have a young raw feel to it with a couple of the more experienced hands to guide them into becoming a top test side. (Hopefully)

I'm excited to see the Windies, test cricket does miss a strong West Indies side. Feels like they've been rebuilding forever.

trundler

Depends who he's playing. He might get there anyway. But he would have needed about 220 tests to do that if he was playing Aus.
They should've given him the series at least so he has a realistic chance of getting 8 more. If he does get them in this test alone, the management looks stupid for forcing him out. They look dumb either way so that's a win really.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Depends who he's playing. He might get there anyway. But he would have needed about 220 tests to do that if he was playing Aus.
He’s won more Ashes series than any Australian this century just FYI

Burgey

They should've given him the series at least so he has a realistic chance of getting 8 more. If he does get them in this test alone, the management looks stupid for forcing him out. They look dumb either way so that's a win really.
Yeah, if he wasn't such a turd of a bloke I admit I'd be pretty exercised about how he's been treated tbh.

Even allowing for that, he deserves to go out on a good note. Amazing longevity for any cricketer, let alone a bowler.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
My ideal batting order would be,

1. Kraigg
2. Mikyle
3. Kirk
4. Kavem
5. Alick
6. Da Silva
7. Holder
8. Alzarri
9. Shamar
10. Motie
11. Seales
You got the team you wanted and made a good start.

How Lords generally plays these days, bet we've fallen for the overheads again.