• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Liked it when they called it The Wisden Trophy. The Richards-Botham Trophy doesn't quite roll off the tongue like The Frank Worrell Trophy, the Basil D'Oliveira Trophy, or even The Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Isura

U19 Captain
Okay 1 week left and I'm getting antsy. Finally this T20 **** is done. Is Archer gonna play? Any other reasons to tune into this series besides Shemar?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I for one welcome the transition from the elderly and infirm Jimmy Anderson to the breakout star that is Dillon Pennington

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see our middle-order amongst the runs in this game.

Noticed no Shamar Joseph in the starting squad. Isai Thorne was in there instead. Hope it's not anything serious.

Some other players from the Academy team part of this practice match-- Johann Layne and Nyeem Young.

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
Hopefully we are going to be in for a brilliant series.

some may say that England are strong favourites but I’m not sure.

if England win I think it will be 2-1 depending if the weather allows

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
england gone for....

crawley
duckett
pope
root
brook
stokes
smith (wk)
woakes
atkinson
bashir
anderson

given how much rain we've had in NW London this past week i'm surprised to see a spinner in there.
Good job that Stokes has been bowling well in the CC, as Woakes has been struggling and Atkinson hasn't been prolific.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Good job that Stokes has been bowling well in the CC, as Woakes has been struggling and Atkinson hasn't been prolific.
Woakes has been out due to his fathers death

I agree about Atkinson though as he has a lot to prove in this test

FBU

International Debutant
Pennington 224.3 overs 31 wickets at 23.80
Potts 206.3 overs 21 wickets at 33.90
Stokes 89.1 overs1 wickets at 18.83
Atkinson 136.0 overs 14 wickets at 29.78
Anderson 31.0 overs 8 wickets at 8.00
Woakes 71.0 overs 1 wicket at 220.00
Bashir 38.0 overs 2 wickets at 81.00
Root 81.4 overs 5 wickets at 48.60

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A well-written article by Michael Atherton. He took the trip from Georgetown to Berbice and his words about his journey feels so close to me because I know most of the places he's talking about.

The bridge over the mighty Berbice river separates the county of Demerara from Berbice.
-this is not true, it separates West Berbice from East Berbice; Region 5 from 6. We are still in Berbice, Athers.

"As for so many, the town of New Amsterdam called, and it was here, around 17 years old, where his formal cricketing education began at Tucber Park Cricket Club under the watchful eye of Julian Moore, the club coach."
- I attended high school in New Amsterdam for six years, where Julian Moore, who was a few years my senior, also studied. Notably, his father, Carl Moore, was the coach of the Guyana Senior team at the time.

"A local businessman, Damion Vantull, supported him and he was on his way. “Everything happened in a flash and it changed my life,” Joseph tells me."
-Damien and I were part of our school's cricket team.

Berbice, the Ancient County, as its called, prides itself in a strong cricket culture. Gudakesh Motie, Kevin Sinclair, and Shamar are the Berbicians in the current West Indies squad.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Thanks for this. It appears Pennington and Potts are unlucky this time but no doubt they will get test or tests this summer

Brook's side

International Regular
Which one of these players are they dropping after the first match?

danzydab

U19 Debutant
how on earth is potts still not getting a game?
despite having a bad county season, its a deserved debut for gus, he has the pace which stokes desires.

CartyDurham

International Captain
how on earth is potts still not getting a game?
despite having a bad county season, its a deserved debut for gus, he has the pace which stokes desires.
I think it’s because they’ve given the last game for Anderson and Potts will come in the second test