• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

James

Cricket Web Owner
Australia inviting WI over again rather than Bangladesh or SL is really bad for world cricket, serious.
Might as well invite WI, Bang, SL over at the same time and have them play 2/3 First Class games against State sides. They'd still lose but at least you might get some competitive games, and the Aussie players can play in the Big Bash or take some rest.

Silver Silva

International Regular
It shouldn't really need to be explained that SL being able to beat Australia at home in those conditions has historically had absolutely no bearing on their record in Australia itself, which even when SL were a legitimately strong team was uniformly awful.

Still would have been better than this, mind. Two years in a row ffs.
I had to explain it like that cause you invite West Indies , Pakistan and others year in year out who have shocking records in Australia, West Indies are responsible for Adam Voges being best since Bradman in batting averages , yet you somehow have a problem with other nations touring Aus like Bangladesh..If it's based on competitiveness of teams who play in Australia..You'll have to cancel the Ashes as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
I had to explain it like that cause you invite West Indies , Pakistan and others year in year out who have shocking records in Australia, West Indies are responsible for Adam Voges being best since Bradman in batting averages , yet you somehow have a problem with other nations touring Aus like Bangladesh..If it's based on competitiveness of teams who play in Australia..You'll have to cancel the Ashes as well.
How on earth have you read my posting today and think "ah yes he's so thrilled about WI touring this time around"

Qlder

International Debutant
Shamar Joseph will be promoted to #10 in next innings. 2nd highest score from #11, pretty good for 1st test 😀

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bro do you think Spark is in charge of Cricket Australia's scheduling?

wait is he?

Silver Silva

International Regular
Shamar Joseph just got his highest FC score ever on Test Debut , not bad ..

You know for what its worth I do think West Indies is team most ideally suited to a Bazball philosophy..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You are very condescending
Love it, keep fighting the good fight brother