• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And yet still manage to out-attend Perth with only a fraction of the deranged mouth-frothing that accompanies that particular discussion.
Perth obviously boycotting the anti-WA selections of Marsh over Green and Green over Bancroft.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would've much rather seen australia play the bangas or zim instead tbf
Nah, just because this lot are terrible doesn’t mean we have to tolerate more of it from those spuds. Bangladesh never playing here should be a point of pride. They’d be SL on ‘roids level bad

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some commenter on Cricinfo suggesting Lyon's been done for since Perth and should be replaced by Murphy immediately.

Anyone seen TJB lately?

ataraxia

International Coach
Australia inviting WI over again rather than Bangladesh or SL is really bad for world cricket, serious.

Gosh Motie.

Spark

Global Moderator
Like I really don't want to be disrespectful, I hated some of the talk up to and during the Pakistan series and that actually turned out to be really entertaining but unless this pitch is secretly a minefield and/or the Joseph brothers revive the spirit of the 1980s then the prospects for watchable cricket this series are.. yeah...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You have to question why Windies get tests in Australia regularly when Bangladesh and Zim have not played there since 2004.

I know why, I just don't think it's fair. You can't tell me CA make more off this series than they would against Bangladesh given how many Banglas live here.
CA budget to lose money on all test series bar India and Ashes

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangladesh are low-key decent. This is a prime chance to prove they're not.
They are decent in some very specific kinds of conditions. The chances of s series in Australia being competitive are close to zero.

Still pathetic they never tour australia or England though. Even a one off test would be interesting enough.

Silver Silva

International Regular
Nah, just because this lot are terrible doesn’t mean we have to tolerate more of it from those spuds. Bangladesh never playing here should be a point of pride. They’d be SL on ‘roids level bad
We have beaten you in Tests recently at home ,and we the only Asian team to win in South Africa, I don't think any of the teams you mentioned can say that so on that basis we should get a tour to Australia

Spark

Global Moderator
We have beaten you in Tests recently at home , I don't think any of the teams you mentioned can say that so on that basis we should get a tour to Australia
It shouldn't really need to be explained that SL being able to beat Australia at home in those conditions has historically had absolutely no bearing on their record in Australia itself, which even when SL were a legitimately strong team was uniformly awful.

Still would have been better than this, mind. Two years in a row ffs.