• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
I think people here, along with professional columnists, are jumping the gun on calling youhana the best in the world, or one of the top all time greats.

those type of comparisons are for agarkar only.

...so...lets just enjoy this mans year, and lets hope this guy breaks the records. at the moment, he deserves it.

on a side note, he should really cut his beard, or braid it..hence introducing and inspiring fashion in the pakistan team. instead of tamperers and conservative religious types, it may turn into a team of metrosexuals.

am i drunk? Im not telling.

fin.

Dravid

International Captain
jack_sparrow said:
I think people here, along with professional columnists, are jumping the gun on calling youhana the best in the world, or one of the top all time greats.

those type of comparisons are for agarkar only.

...so...lets just enjoy this mans year, and lets hope this guy breaks the records. at the moment, he deserves it.

on a side note, he should really cut his beard, or braid it..hence introducing and inspiring fashion in the pakistan team. instead of tamperers and conservative religious types, it may turn into a team of metrosexuals.

am i drunk? Im not telling.

fin.
Isn't it true that musilms aren't allowed to shave?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
Isn't it true that musilms aren't allowed to shave?
No. Depends on who you ask, but it's considered a good tradition to follow, since the Prophet had a beard. But even those who believe it's good to keep beards would tell you it's not a requirement.

Dravid

International Captain
Fusion said:
No. Depends on who you ask, but it's considered a good tradition to follow, since the Prophet had a beard. But even those who believe it's good to keep beards would tell you it's not a requirement.
My bad. Neve really knew.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nightprowler10 said:
Also, its not as if people will forget about Viv if Yousuf breaks this record. The man is well known in the world and probably more so than Yousuf.
Exactly. No one forgot about Sobers when Lara broke his record. And no one forgot about Lara for the 6 months or so that Hayden had the record.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Perm said:
The Pakistan team should stay as it is really, until somebody strikes some poor form or they start to lose a few games. I would be happy if this game was rained off so that Mohammad Yousuf couldn't break Viv's record, no offence to Yousuf but I think such a superb record deserves to be held by Viv.
why is that so? yousuf has worked hard to get there and his hard work has been paid off. records are made to be broken. by breaking Viv's record yousuf won't take away anything from Viv. Viv was one of the best batsman ever and he will remain there. there is no doubt and by breaking his record Viv won't lose any greatness.
who knows by the time yousuf retires he would be considerd one of the best also. i am not saying as good as Viv but one of the best in today's cricket.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel that Viv played against better attacks and more difficult wickets than the flat roads that Yousuf has been batting on in Pakistan. It doesn't really worry me too much but I felt it would've been a good representation for cricket if Richards held that record.

Anyway, good to see Darren Ganga keeping the West Indies together in what has been a below par batting performance from them, even if the pitch is playing very slow and low they have quality players and I expected them to do better.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ehh? Bradman held the record for most runs in an innings too, until someone broke it. Doesn't mean they are better than Bradman. Records are meant to be broken, and aside from the 99.94, all of them will be.

Thats what they are for, it sucks to have impossible records. You need something to aim for. And who knows, some gun spawn of silentstriker down the line might one day break the 99.94 ;). Though I'd rather have him be a good fast bowler, rather than a Bradmanesque batsman. But knowing that he will be at least partly Indian, the latter is more likely. :laugh:

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Aaaaaarghhhhh!!! Akmal drops yet another one. Drops Powel off Gul. I'm getting really frustrated with him. He has no confidence right now and is a liability to the team in a vital position.

Edit: And Gul takes care of it himself by bowling Powell.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Damn you Ramdin!! I wanted a first innings lead of at least 80. He's already brought it down to 61 as I type this. Good fightback by him.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Ramdin gets run out! WI finally fold. Outstanding fight by the last two. Pakistan lead down to only 44. When the 8th wicket fell, I wouldn't have predicted that.

oz_fan

International Regular
WI all out for 260. They trail Pakistan by 44 runs. Great 50 from Ramdin considering how far the WI were behind and he was batting with tailenders for most of his innings.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great half century from Dinesh Ramdin, he's a real talent this kid, he just has to back himself in these sort of fighting situations.

haroon510

International 12th Man
pakistan should promot shaiob malik on number three if there was an early wicket down.
malik hasn't score big and this time he is going to hit a century.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nice to see West Indies really stepping it up as soon as Yousuf walked in. They really wanna try hard and protect Viv's record. If Yousuf breaks it, it won't exactly be a joyride.