• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

Nishant

International 12th Man
shortpitched713 said:
We're talking about Test cricket. Gayle has never been consistent in Test cricket.

you're right...but u never know...one-day form can also help in the test arena. After all, cricket is all about confidence. And, as far as i can tell, gayle has a lot of this right now!

Nishant

International 12th Man
tooextracool said:
This might be my only post in this thread, but i have to say that this is the first time ive seen anyone use performances against bangladesh to prove that someone is a better player or even to back up any argument.
p.s- jacques rudolph best player ever?

You're right, we have to base the quality of a palyer based on performances gainst the stronger teams! That's when the player is under pressure the most and shows his determination. With that said, if a player is actually good, then he would perform against the 'weaker' nations as well!

Beleg

International Regular
This might be my only post in this thread, but i have to say that this is the first time ive seen anyone use performances against bangladesh to prove that someone is a better player or even to back up any argument.
p.s- jacques rudolph best player ever?
eh, the board being riddled with fans of sweeping generalizations, not to mention convinent exclusion of statistics, no wonder. Bangladeshi bowling line-up is fairly decent. Rafique is even test standard and a couple of their pacers aren't too bad either.

With that said, if a player is actually good, then he would perform against the 'weaker' nations as well!
LOL. And what if he is unable to perform against the 'weaker' nations? :laugh: Nice swipe there.

shortpitched713

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
Cricinfo probables have listed Samiullah Khan Niazi in the XI in place of Razzaq. This is good news IMO. He should have been tried against England, though.
I'd say it would be a good move, unless you ascribe to Duncan Fletcher's "strenth of the tail" methodology.

oz_fan

International Regular
Pakistan win the toss and choose to bat. Sarwan dropped from the WI side. Really odd decision to drop him when he is one of the only WI batsmen along with Chanderpaul, Lara and Gayle who scores regularly for them. Sarwan and Edwards out. Morton and Powell in.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
oz_fan said:
Pakistan win the toss and choose to bat. Sarwan dropped from the WI side. Really odd decision to drop him when he is one of the only WI batsmen along with Chanderpaul, Lara and Gayle who scores regularly for them. Sarwan and Edwards out. Morton and Powell in.
Sarwan scores regularly? Thats news to me. I was actually going to applaud the selectors for their boldness. Good move IMO, no one can hold down a place in the side based purely on potential,Sarwan has been underperforming for quite a while now.

tooextracool

International Coach
Nishant said:
You're right, we have to base the quality of a palyer based on performances gainst the stronger teams! That's when the player is under pressure the most and shows his determination. With that said, if a player is actually good, then he would perform against the 'weaker' nations as well!
not necessarily. The majority of the players dont care about scoring against bangladesh, especially if it is one sided affair which more often than not it is. if you came in with the score at 400/3 you'd be more tempted to attempt a slog then to try and score a 100 tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sarwan dropped, what a massive wake up call for him. I agree with TEC, great call by the selectors. Gutsy, bold and the right move.

Good for WI cricket IMO. Hopefully Sarwan can break back into the side in the future and actually fulfill some of that potential, but until then he doesn't deserve an automatic test selection.

tooextracool

International Coach
Beleg said:
eh, the board being riddled with fans of sweeping generalizations, not to mention convinent exclusion of statistics, no wonder. Bangladeshi bowling line-up is fairly decent. Rafique is even test standard and a couple of their pacers aren't too bad either.
Their bowling attack is rubbish. You could take the 32 ****e players that have been selected in the 'battle of the ****e' thread and all of them would probably come up trumps against it. Mohammad Rafique shouldnt even bother turning up when his side plays away from home, probably do everyone a favor given how woeful he usually is.

Complicated

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Is the decision to drop Sarwan from the second test, a case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater?

I'm not sure you can justify dropping Sarwan for Morton and still keep Daren Ganga in the line up.

tooextracool

International Coach
Maybe its because Ganga averaged nearly 50 in his last series and nearly 40 in the series before that?
The last time Sarwan had a good test series was nearly 2 years ago.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeh Inzi looking to be solid in the middle. It should be a good contest. Pity Pakistani batsmen couldn't go after making good starts.