• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If WI can get a wicket here then they would fancy themselves with the new ball. Come round the wicket and aim at Santner's stumps. Then just regular new ball bowling to CDG and Blundell.

Nicer when NZ have Watling down the order with ability to see off second new ball.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Nicols hasn't convinced me at all, I really want to give Guptill a go at 5.

Nicols and Matt Henry shouldn't be playing Test cricket, the former shouldn't be playing international cricket. He may become international standard, but as is, he's not up to scratch IMO.

At least we know Guptill is international standard (not against the moving ball). Sure there's the second new ball to worry about but I don't see what else we have other than Ryder. Who knows, he might do better against he new ball once he's set.

Ah pity, but not that surprised, was a chancy innings.
So the usual Nicols innings where he needs chances to get a decent score?

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I think Guptill would need some Plunket Shield form before making a case for the test side. As far as I’m aware he hasn’t done a lot since he last played tests for NZ. Nicholls isn’t pretty, but I think he’s earned his spot and has done the job today.

Blundell to the crease with a good reception, hopefully a good first up knock by the local hero!

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
I think Guptill would need some Plunket Shield form before making a case for the test side. As far as I’m aware he hasn’t done a lot since he last played tests for NZ. Nicholls isn’t pretty, but I think he’s earned his spot and has done the job today.

Blundell to the crease with a good reception, hopefully a good first up knock by the local hero!
I think he's still opening for the Aces.

He really should ask to be moved down the order to get a shot at a middle order spot, he's no hope as an opener.

I wish we'd stop trying to turn Santner into a 6.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very typical Santner dismissal - getting castled. WI should have come round the wicket to him and it probably would have happened earlier.

I already hate Blundell's stance and backlift. I don't remember it being this pronounced.

Nicholls was good though, until he gave away his wicket. Hundred there for the taking.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Perfect low-pressure situation for CDG, and Blundell too. When we icing in test matches, CDG is perfect.

Niall

International Coach
Assume Blackwood picked up an injury for the this test,will he be ready to go for the second test?