• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The weather forecast has improved immeasurably, bat to 600, if we can, and hopefully the pitch will wear for Monty, and we can set as attacking fields as possible.

stumpski

International Captain
Prior seems to have got 37 in no time at all.

But then I've missed most of his innings reading posts on here. :dry:

Scaly piscine

It was a sarcastic comment, TBH, though I'd not have been surprised. I'll edit just to remove the chance of a Greigy.
Yea, happens all the time...

Policeman: You're under arrest on the charge of attempted murder
Richard: I was being sarcastic
Policeman: Oh right you are, you're free to go

Last edited:

grecian

TBH, I said something similar, about Prior, in another thread. I'm not going to weasel out of it mind.

This innings has been good, but still not convinced. Ideal situation for a debut, I think it would of been interesting to see him in earlier when the Windies bowlers were bowling a lot better.

Scaly piscine

TBH, I said something similar, about Prior, in another thread. I'm not going to weasel out of it mind.

This innings has been good, but still not convinced. Ideal situation for a debut, I think it would of been interesting to see him in earlier when the Windies bowlers were bowling a lot better.
It reminds me a bit of what Geraint did early in his England career.

Oh ffs I'm sick of hearing about Madeleine McCann - now it's on TMS grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

grecian

Well, if Sarwans bowls much more, Prior will become the first english WK ever to make a 100 on debut:unsure:

Edit: that may be wrong?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyway... Collingwood FINALLY out. We shall finally see the bad news about Prior.

(YES, THE SECOND SENTENCE OF THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Edited fully 73 monutes after the initial post. One word: dire.

Seconded.

Had to have a chuckle about Nass referring to Johnny Borrell from "Razorlike" tho. Kirstin Dunst must really have it bad for him. :D

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Let Matt and Ian ton up then declare. In spite of the good weather currently in London the forecast is for a rather wet weekend and Hoggard or indeed Harmison could knock over the West Indian top order tonight considering the amount of overs left.

pskov

International 12th Man
Listening to TMS it sounds like a walk in the park for the batsmen at the moment. I know WI are basically waiting for the declaration, but still.

Scaly piscine

Let Matt and Ian ton up then declare. In spite of the good weather currently in London the forecast is for a rather wet weekend and Hoggard or indeed Harmison could knock over the West Indian top order tonight considering the amount of overs left.
Personally I think this stick 'em in a few overs before close (or lunch, tea) approach is over-rated (I mean how much of an advantage is there, given you could take those wickets anyway, plus you could break the bowlers rhythm if they doing well - it can work against bowlers as well as batsmen), I would make getting 600 the target and if it's convenient to declare at 570-580 then fair enough.