• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As Jimmy Adams has just said and as I was about to post (he beat me to it) West Indies are really struggling to hit their lines with the brand-new ball, and are usually doing reasonably once it gets a bit older.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Did I just see Bell raise his bat because he got of the mark?.:blink:
I remember Mark Taylor when he was going through a terribly poor run with the bat and finally managed to score a 50.. Not only did he raise his bat, he did the whole routine of opening his helmet and acknowledging and stuff as if he had made a big 100.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Expecting England to get at least 450 from here. That depends though on how much longer these two stay in and how Prior goes.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Did I not say yesterday our best test match batters were Cook & Collingwood? Both of whom have gone on to 3 figures. aaaaahh how right i was.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dire ton. Well done though I suppose - a hundred's a hundred. Take out the period between 30 and 40 and he's played really well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Excellent display of how to carry on without losing composure and make the most of it even on days when things are not going your way. Collingwood edged the ball a fair bit, played and missed but in the end, because he didn't throw it all away by being frustrated, you see a test 100 beside your name.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ton for Colly, I bet some of the people on here hate that...
Hahaha, not as much as some people hate anyone other than Durham players tonning...

(That was a deliberately simplistic comment in the mirror-the-original mode purveyed by Fuller fairly recently)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Excellent display of how to carry on without losing composure and make the most of it even on days when things are not going your way. Collingwood edged the ball a fair bit, played and missed but in the end, because he didn't throw it all away by being frustrated, you see a test 100 beside your name.
He did throw it away, actually - 3 times.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I certainly don't hate the Colly ton, I'm always happy for an England player to do well, even if he's not one of my faves:)

More then can be said for some.

He's played well for the last 60:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd have to disagree with you there Richard. Dar seems the better umpire IMO.
He's done more games so far, and I'd say I hear about equal numbers of people slag them off and talk them up. Both make a few more errors than you'd like, but sufficiently few IMO to make them reasonable Umpires.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Do you know how to read Richard?

when things are not going your way.

That from my post refers to the chances he gave, the other aspects of his inning which weren't ideal.

he didn't throw it all away

That refers to how he played despite it.

Dire.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Expecting England to get at least 450 from here. That depends though on how much longer these two stay in and how Prior goes.
Quite. With Prior on debut and the bowlers to come, we could easily lose our last six wickets for very little, so there's a fair bit to do yet.

EDIT
Speaking of which ....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyway... Collingwood FINALLY out. We shall finally see the bad news about Prior.

(YES, THE SECOND SENTENCE OF THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited: