• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Or is it because Lara went chasing after the ball when he didn't have to play at it?

Believe it or not, batsmen do decide what shots to play at the ball, he obviously decided to play a shot at it.

It was a superb spell of 4 balls that got him rattled then induced a shot that led to his demise.

But of course, we all know your opinion on Flintoff, so you can't come to terms with the fact he did anything right.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tino Best has gone home his replacement is Dave Mohammed

perhaps the decision was influenced by Giles...who's just got Sarwan

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
Tino Best has gone home his replacement is Dave Mohammed

perhaps the decision was influenced by Giles...who's just got Sarwan
Gotta feel for Tino. Back injuries like that could turn into career threatening injuries if he isnt carefull.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
yet again England handed Lara fromt he umpires. I want someone to come on and tell me that that won't be a turning point in this match. I am so furious. Once can be put down to a mistake. But the same player twice?????Where the hell is the ICC getting these umpires???

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Revelation said:
yet again England handed Lara fromt he umpires. I want someone to come on and tell me that that won't be a turning point in this match. I am so furious. Once can be put down to a mistake. But the same player twice?????Where the hell is the ICC getting these umpires???
I think the umps have been pretty decent - they've made the correct decisions 95% of the time...

Well - after lunch yesterday, whilst suffering in the bloody heat, England absolutely murdered the WIndies. The crucial wicket was Jacobs - who fell quickly after Chanderpaul as it meant that the West Indies lost, effectively, two wickets in one go. England are on course for the win, but I'm not saying it is over until we're into the tail...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Revelation said:
Snicko suggests he hit it, and Lara certainly didn't look anywhere near as aggrieved as he did at Lord's.

Besides, you cannot really say that WI were going to get near 470odd on that wicket?

Briedis

Cricket Spectator
Timewell said:
I think the umps have been pretty decent - they've made the correct decisions 95% of the time...

Well - after lunch yesterday, whilst suffering in the bloody heat, England absolutely murdered the WIndies. The crucial wicket was Jacobs - who fell quickly after Chanderpaul as it meant that the West Indies lost, effectively, two wickets in one go. England are on course for the win, but I'm not saying it is over until we're into the tail...
Umpires have been crap. The West Indies were in with a chance to save this test until Lara and Chanderpaul were given out. Shocking decisions.

England have now become the biggest exponents of over-appealing in test cricket. They bully umpires by appealling for everything. It is unsportsmanlike conduct.

We'll see how they go against the Aussies....

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
Top catch from Anderson!

Love that new camera shot, what is it 2000 frames a second?
i think its 1000 fps in good light but it has to go down to 500 in bad light (still not too shabby :) )

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Briedis said:
Umpires have been crap. The West Indies were in with a chance to save this test until Lara and Chanderpaul were given out. Shocking decisions.

England have now become the biggest exponents of over-appealing in test cricket. They bully umpires by appealling for everything. It is unsportsmanlike conduct.

We'll see how they go against the Aussies....
Errr BOTH decisions were shown to be pretty good on replays. So how can you say they were 'shocking' decisions.
How can you say they were overappealing when the pitch is turning so much as it is so therefore you're always gonna get more tight bat/pad decisions.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Chanderpaul's decision was shocking because he was well forward and playing a stroke.Gayle's decison was super.They had to slow it down to 2000fps to show that he was out.And you say umpires make bad decisions(hint of sarcasm).Don't know about Lara.

Briedis

Cricket Spectator
SpaceMonkey said:
Errr BOTH decisions were shown to be pretty good on replays. So how can you say they were 'shocking' decisions.
How can you say they were overappealing when the pitch is turning so much as it is so therefore you're always gonna get more tight bat/pad decisions.
No they were not.

Chanderpauls was shown to be going over and past leg stump.

They were not able to pick up and bat in Lara's dismissal. Gayles was also very tough but shown after being slowed down and replayed 5 o 6 times that he probably hit it.

Umpires are supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to the batsman. There is NO WAY the unpires could have been 100% certain that these decisions were out. Poor umpiring.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
Chanderpaul's decision was shocking because he was well forward and playing a stroke.
If thats playing a stroke then its a new one he must have invented because ive never seen someone play a stroke with their bat 3inches outside the line of the ball and behind the pad!